PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music Worked First Time - Then Never Again

JohnJ
04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Running on Vista Ultimate Whatever Version:

I finally got around to trying to record something today, and recorded one song of streaming audio from a web site. I finished up, let it transfer to iTunes, and everything was great.

I decided to try a second song from the same web site, and I got nothing. Replay Music never sees any sound coming from the stream. I've rebooted, I've upgraded to the current stuff, I've tried Replay AV (heck, why not, right?), and nothing ever changes. I'm configured to use the Audio Driver. I checked my Control Panel settings, and the only devices I see for recording are the Mic and the Microphone Array. I don't know if this is right, and I don't know if there was something else in there before the first recording. The machine has the SigmaTel High Def Audio onboard.

I didn't install anything in between things working and not working. What's strange is that I can record anything that I play from iTunes, so there appears to be something interesting concerning how things route in from a web stream, or so it seems. I've tried this from two browsers, and I don't get any different results.

I really don't know what to look at now, or what to try next.

//John

Mike Christensen
04-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Running on Vista Ultimate Whatever Version:

I finally got around to trying to record something today, and recorded one song of streaming audio from a web site. I finished up, let it transfer to iTunes, and everything was great.

I decided to try a second song from the same web site, and I got nothing. Replay Music never sees any sound coming from the stream. I've rebooted, I've upgraded to the current stuff, I've tried Replay AV (heck, why not, right?), and nothing ever changes. I'm configured to use the Audio Driver. I checked my Control Panel settings, and the only devices I see for recording are the Mic and the Microphone Array. I don't know if this is right, and I don't know if there was something else in there before the first recording. The machine has the SigmaTel High Def Audio onboard.

I didn't install anything in between things working and not working. What's strange is that I can record anything that I play from iTunes, so there appears to be something interesting concerning how things route in from a web stream, or so it seems. I've tried this from two browsers, and I don't get any different results.

I really don't know what to look at now, or what to try next.

//John

Hi John,

Are you using the latest version of Replay Music, version 3.35? If not, please download that version and install it on your computer. If you do already have version 3.35, and you are recording a stream from Internet Explorer, then you should see something like "Recording Track of iexplore" in the status message window in Replay Music's main window after you click the "Start Recording" button and the stream is playing. This means that Replay Music found the correct stream to record from. If it doesn't say that message, try clicking the "Stop Record" button and then clicking the "Start Recording" button again until you see the correct status message. You may have to do this a few times. Also, you always want to open Replay Music before opening the source you are recording from.

Best regards,
Mike Christensen

JohnJ
04-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi John,

Are you using the latest version of Replay Music, version 3.35? If not, please download that version and install it on your computer. If you do already have version 3.35, and you are recording a stream from Internet Explorer, then you should see something like "Recording Track of iexplore" in the status message window in Replay Music's main window after you click the "Start Recording" button and the stream is playing. This means that Replay Music found the correct stream to record from. If it doesn't say that message, try clicking the "Stop Record" button and then clicking the "Start Recording" button again until you see the correct status message. You may have to do this a few times. Also, you always want to open Replay Music before opening the source you are recording from.

Best regards,
Mike Christensen

Yes, I'm using 3.35. That's what I meant by saying I upgraded to the latest stuff. When I try this from Internet Explorer (never my first choice), I bring up Replay Music, start recording, and Internet Explorer invokes Windows Media Player to play the stream. The status in Replay Music reads, "Next to record: Track 1" and never changes. The pulsing line (whatever you call it) never shows anything either: it looks like the patient is dead. When I click stop recording after everything is complete, it just returns to Ready status.

//John

JohnJ
04-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Someone mentioned in some other message that they'd been successful with one app and not another, so I found some software from NCH that was sitting on my machine, installed it, and it worked the first time on the same attempted stream. Other than the inserted audio "Please Purchase Sound Tap" every ten seconds or so in the stream, it worked fine both from Opera (my preferred browser) and IExplore. I've no idea whether this additional data helps or not.

//John

Mike Christensen
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Someone mentioned in some other message that they'd been successful with one app and not another, so I found some software from NCH that was sitting on my machine, installed it, and it worked the first time on the same attempted stream. Other than the inserted audio "Please Purchase Sound Tap" every ten seconds or so in the stream, it worked fine both from Opera (my preferred browser) and IExplore. I've no idea whether this additional data helps or not.

//John

Hi John,

Please give me the website you are trying to record from so we can try to replicate your issue.

Thanks,

JohnJ
04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
http://media.kfog.com/kfog/nathanson_cogh.asx