PDA

View Full Version : No sound for NetFlix using IE7 on Mac / Parallel / XP

dbouchon
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Hello,

I am on a Mac using XP under Parallel. Using the latest version of Replay Video Capture.

My issue:
- when I capture part of the desktop (for testing purposes), I get sounds (like system sounds, if I go to the control panel, sound and play some sounds there)
- when I go to NetFlix with IE7 and tries to capture a 'movie on PC', there is no sound.
- I have NOT tried other captures under IE (like youtube) or NetFlix under another browser yet.

Any idea what the problem may be? How to fix it?

Thanks.

MatthewC1000
02-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Hello,

I am on a Mac using XP under Parallel. Using the latest version of Replay Video Capture.

My issue:
- when I capture part of the desktop (for testing purposes), I get sounds (like system sounds, if I go to the control panel, sound and play some sounds there)
- when I go to NetFlix with IE7 and tries to capture a 'movie on PC', there is no sound.
- I have NOT tried other captures under IE (like youtube) or NetFlix under another browser yet.

Any idea what the problem may be? How to fix it?

Thanks.

dbouchon, welcome to the forum :)
Replay Video capture does not record properly using Mac OS X leopard/tiger/Platinum editions running Windows Emulation environment because, the sound Cards in the Apple machines (are not compatible on what Applian was developed for. Replay Media Catcher should work
fine but, it doesn't work on Netflix live pay per view movies on demand stream....:D I would switch to a PC based running Windows OS XP/Vista
systems. If you wanna record of netflix that is....:)

Kind Regards.

dbouchon
02-09-2009, 09:46 AM
OK, thanks - at least I will stop spending hours trying to figure that one out...

I use Media Catcher a lot and it works great.

Quick question: do you know any equivalent to Video Capture on Mac? (should not be an issue for you to tell as you have just mentioned Video Capture does not work on Mac anyway)? I found some apps, but none seems to be as feature rich, particularly the timer to stop recording after a specified amount of time...

Thanks.