PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Video from Camcorder: Download video from my camera and change the format so that I can put it on a DVD

Susi
04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I off into a new direction for me. I would like to download video from my camera and then be able to change the format so that I can put it on a DVD. Is there a product I can do this with yet from Applian? If not when are we going to have a program that can capture this video. Susi

Mike Christensen
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I off into a new direction for me. I would like to download video from my camera and then be able to change the format so that I can put it on a DVD. Is there a product I can do this with yet from Applian? If not when are we going to have a program that can capture this video. Susi

Hi Susi,

Try our Applian product, Replay Converter 3.0. It can already convert videos to DVD format. It's still in beta form, but please try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,

Susi
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Mike where might I find 3.0 replay converter? I only see 2 something? Susi

Susi
04-17-2008, 04:46 PM
You can ignore my last reply, I found the beta version of replay converter 3.0 I am now off to try it. Susi

Susi
04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Mike I tried the 3.0 Beta version of Replay Converter, and I got a Dr Watson error so in other words it did not work. I was doing a wmv extension and I asked it to convert at first and save to disk. Then I tried to burn it to a DVD and after a long time of running I got the error. I will work on it again over the weekend.

No matter what I set the converter to, it only burns in wmv. Is this what is supposed to happen. I would have thought I would want the MPEG4. Thanks, Susi

Susi
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I am still stuck with my camcorder. I guess I need to use a different program to download the video from the camcorder. Is there an applian program I can use?

petrogia
05-04-2008, 06:31 AM
I am still stuck with my camcorder. I guess I need to use a different program to download the video from the camcorder. Is there an applian program I can use?

Connect the camera to your computer. Go to "My Computer" and locate your camera by looking at the drive letters. Open the drive and find the folder where your video files are stored. You can use drag and drop to mvoe the files to your hard drive. I use copy and paste here. Check the manual to see if the camcorder sync your video files.

Susi
05-05-2008, 06:12 AM
The camera is seen but media catcher will not catch the video or audio.

I have drive a few of the other progams and am still having the same problem. The computer sees the video camera just fine. Thanks, Susi