PDA

View Full Version : some exisiting stations don't play

nogods
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
some of the stations in the media guide won't play or record even though they are streaming. for example, WBEN. I can listen to it by coing to the stations website, or through Radiotime.

Are they blocking access by Replay AV 8?

Cheryl Wester
02-07-2009, 07:04 PM
URLs change all the time. We don't monitor all of the thousands of stations but rely on our customers to let us know when one needs to be updated. If you see one contact us in tech support for an update. This will be updated for you. Thanks.

helge999
02-14-2009, 11:10 PM
URLs change all the time. We don't monitor all of the thousands of stations but rely on our customers to let us know when one needs to be updated. If you see one contact us in tech support for an update. This will be updated for you. Thanks.
Cheryl Wester, you can't be serious: Out of the first 21 radio stations I selected after installing your AV8, 14 don't play!!!!!!!!!!! You're not serious when you ask me to contact your tech support for every single one of these stations???? It's just a poor product, face it.

Cheryl Wester
02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way. We update our Media Guide on a daily basis as we are informed of the sites that have changed the URL. We are not able to monitor on a daily basis the thousands of sites that are on it. Also, stations change when they have scheduled shows set up.

When you want to record something that is not in the Media Guide use the URL Finder under Tools.

First, always make sure that you start the URL Finder prior to browsing to the media that you want detected. Also, be sure that you've selected your network adapter at the bottom of the URL Finder window.

Also, sometimes YouTube and Google videos are cached if you've already played them once. This can prevent the URL Finder from seeing them. If you've already played the video once, re-start the browser or clear its cache before opening the stream capture/URL Finder.

The above might help you with some that you are trying. Thanks.

Can1867
02-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Hello:

I was very disappointed with the Media Guide. I searched several stations that I was interested in and they were not included, plus several didn't work.

I finally figured out the best thing to do is find the internet radio station that you are interested in and then manually add it by going to the Relay A/V main window: SHOWS\Add Show Manually.

Then test it a couple ways
1) Tune to it
2) Start Record

I found that even if one can tune to the station it might not record (I don't know why but it just doesn't always work).

I did figure out a work around when it doesn't record (at leastwith the problem I was having) At the site where the URL is listed - right click on it and save the .asx file and then open it with NotePad. There will be another URL listed. Use that URL in place of the first.

Redo the test:
1) Tune to it
2) Start Record

If it works then you have it beat.

Then duplicate that "Show" (which is really just the Internet Radio station - I give the show the Internet Radio Station name) and edit in what you want to record.

It is a work around for some of the things that don't work with Replay A/V (Replay A/V should be able to handle asx redirects but it doesn't seem to be able to - it just keeps retuning to the original asx)

Cheers

Can1867

Cheryl Wester
02-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Clear Channel just changed the way they are streaming the hundreds of stations that they have. We have been busy updating the Media Guide for the last few days and will continue to do so until they are all updated. Thanks for understanding.