PDA

View Full Version : Merging two video files

jtmccabe
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Can I join two video files using any of the Replay Capture Suite products? It seems like Media Splitter should have this capability but I can't figure out how to do it.

Jeff Lenney
04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Can I join two video files using any of the Replay Capture Suite products? It seems like Media Splitter should have this capability but I can't figure out how to do it.

Hi

Unfortuantely, at this time we do not have any programs that can do this, nor can we recomend any. Perhaps another AAC member will respond and suggest something, but Applian is not able to.

Thanks for your understanding,

Mike Christensen
04-13-2008, 10:28 PM

I assume you want to append one video file after another? What are the video formats that you want to join? Are the video files that you want to join the same format? The reason I am asking these questions, is we are thinking about adding this feature to our products, but we are first trying to see what is the demand for this feature and what are the most common video formats people want to join. If anybody else would benefit from this feature please let us know in this thread.

Thanks,
Mike Christensen

Susi
04-14-2008, 05:04 AM
I currently use a program called Studio from Pinnacle. Which works fine but I really would like to have everything in one program. Now I am using several programs to do what I am doing.

I just have a camcorder that uses the minitapes and I do edit these. I can usually put everything together though with using faders or scene breaks.

I also use the program to make videos and such for my PSP. So far I have had to go outside of Applian to do this also. Susi

jtmccabe
04-17-2008, 09:08 PM
I assume you want to append one video file after another? What are the video formats that you want to join? Are the video files that you want to join the same format? The reason I am asking these questions, is we are thinking about adding this feature to our products, but we are first trying to see what is the demand for this feature and what are the most common video formats people want to join. If anybody else would benefit from this feature please let us know in this thread.

Thanks,
Mike Christensen

My scenario is this: I have several .AVI files on my digital camera and I want to edit portions out and stick the good parts all together into one video. I wouldn't mind converting the .AVIs to some other format first if that were necessary, provided I could do that with your Converter app. It seems like this feature would be just as necessary as the video-splitting feature, so I'm sure it would benefit lots of users. Thanks for considering it.

Citiwebs
04-18-2008, 04:44 AM
first trying to see what is the demand . .

The demand is great. Go for it.

aslaksen
06-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Yes, I would also like to be able to merge files. Any format. Can always convert first.

Thanks!

Helmer

cobra2411
10-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I would be interested too. Format isn't a big deal 'cause you can convert it first.

MatthewC1000
10-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Cobra, Windows Movie Maker can be used to join 2 files to 1 and, it comes with windows.

Jeff Lenney
10-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Actually i'd like to add that this CAN be done with WM Recorder. (http://www.wmrecorder.com/download.php)

You're able to use it to convert/merge/split files, i've used the merge feature quite a few times and it seems to work quite well!

I Hope this helps. :)

Jeff

aslaksen
11-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Interesting. Can you say something about the relationship between the Applian Suite and the WM Bundle? They seem quite similar.

Thanks!

Helmer

Motavator
11-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Check here you should find what you are looking for.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools

Cheryl Wester
11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
We do not own WM Recorder. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

Our Replay A/V program captures audio and video streams as well as podcasts. A/V is a lot more robust than WM Recorder but you may not need all of it's capabilities. I would recommend downloading the demo and testing it to make sure it meets your expectations. The only difference between the demo and the full is the demo has a maximum of 5 minutes of recording time per recording in sound recording mode and 5MBs of file size when using Capture by Downloading mode.

Replay A/V is great for capturing all kinds of streaming video and audio. It's great for scheduling recordings, and also offers the ability to record clips, convert to MP3, and record audio in proprietary formats. Replay A/V also includes the Replay Media Guide which makes it easy to capture radio shows and stations, Internet TV stations and Podcasts.

WM Recorder is optimized for recording audio and video clips, and supports a few more streaming formats.

The suites do similar things and there is some overlap-it is basically like a car-some people like one while others prefer the other.

Jackwannabe
02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
I recently purchased the Replay Capture Suite and am loving it! Thanks for making such a great product. My only disappointment has been that it does not include a merging feature. Like the first poster pointed out, it seems natural that Media Splitter should have the capability, and I was surprised to find out it doesn't. I would definitely appreciate if you would add this feature in future updates. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
03-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Our latest splitter does have the ability to merge files. Give it a download and try it out.

joyce
03-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I used RMC to record a training video online with the intent to move it to my iPhone/iPod. It was a 2 1/2 hour video but recorded 438 separate files. I cannot tell what order they should be in. It would seem that a setting for producing a single file ought to be available. If not, then there ought to be a tagging capability built in and an auto concatenation capability. I don't care about the format, but these were mp4 files.

joyce

joyce
03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
OK. I looked at Media Splitter, but it does NOT list mp4 files. That worries me. And I agree with Jackwannabe that is would seem reasonable that a merge capability should be built into RCM. I am reluctant to try it and fork over another $30 for a program that does what a reasonable person would expect the RCM application to do. And against files not listed as a feature set. I am not angry, I just think that should be re-thought.

Joyce

oldbenkenobi
12-24-2009, 01:53 PM
I have been using "VideoReDo Plus" for merging files and removing sections (like commercials) but this is not a free product. I purchased this product before I learned about Applian toos.

It would be nice to see these features added to the The Replay Capture Suite. However, I'm fully functional with both products.

Old Ben Kenobi
"May The Force Be With You"

endyr
05-25-2010, 07:24 AM

Thanks,
Mike Christensen

Maybe I can help with this problem. If you are using Windows VISTA Home Premium as your operating system, I suggest using the built in, Windows Movie Maker, to join different video files together. This works fine-and-dandy for me, and it should for you. I happen to be an aficionado of Applian Technologies, and I'm always amazed as to how well their products work. Try to be creative, as no suite of programs, no matter how brilliantly written, can do EVERYTHING you want. :cool: