PDA

View Full Version : IE & Fox UNUSABLE - until U close Catcher

lifeson99
01-31-2009, 10:03 AM
v2 was great - but v3.01 cause IE to lock up (takes a half hour to load a page) and same with Firefox. I must say . . . Applian has not fixed the problem. I researched it thoroughly . . . but it is "everyone else's fault". In otherwords, "you have to figure out the "other application" that is causing the problem and then remove that app ! ! NO - the offending app is Media Catcher !!

They are polite and try to help - but they are pointing elsewhere, when they should be pointing inward. This version is not usable. Something is very wroing here. There are far too many people experiencing the same symptom (IE and Firefox slowing to a crawl).

MatthewC1000
01-31-2009, 10:45 AM
v2 was great - but v3.01 cause IE to lock up (takes a half hour to load a page) and same with Firefox. I must say . . . Applian has not fixed the problem. I researched it thoroughly . . . but it is "everyone else's fault". In otherwords, "you have to figure out the "other application" that is causing the problem and then remove that app ! ! NO - the offending app is Media Catcher !!

They are polite and try to help - but they are pointing elsewhere, when they should be pointing inward. This version is not usable. Something is very wroing here. There are far too many people experiencing the same symptom (IE and Firefox slowing to a crawl).

Welcome to the forum lifeson99 :)
I can see your upset...
but, I have never had any issues using Replay Media Catcher
except for times when some streams can not be captured
however, Andy has provided updates to resolve the issue.
Can you please describe & post your system specs.

It may as well be some type of software interference that is
causing problems for RMC to work properly.

download High Jack This (http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html) software (freeware)
then, click on generate startup (post the log in your reply) to see if you have a running process of question.

Kind Regards.

flvrec0r3r
02-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I researched it thoroughly . . .But you have come to the wrong conclusion.

All Windows developers can develop against is Windows and some combinations of hardware and drivers on which Windows runs.

Spending money making an application work with every other application is a waste of developer resources. And it makes all users pay for some fraction of users who have a problem. Heck it could be more than %50 of users who have a problem (it is not) and it can still be more expensive than anyone wants to pay to fix something that's not broken.

Just choose one application or the other. It really works out best for you and for everyone else. It's a win win.

Your suggestion is a lose lose. You pay more for the program. Everyone pays more for the program regardless of whether they are affected. And everyone loses new features and stability as the developers work fixing something that isn't broken.

Winkyboy
02-05-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm chiming in on the original problem here: My internet connection slows down to practically a stop, regardless of browser, the moment I hit the Start Recording button in Media Catcher. Strange thing is, it did NOT always do this. When I first bought it, it worked fine. Additionally, as I have it installed both at work and at home (I can only use it in one place at a time, anyway), it is interesting to note that it does NOT slow things down at work.

I suspect that yes, there may be some other program running that interferes with MC's process. If I discover it, I will post it here.

micromedia
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I found that at times RMC fights with slysofts anydvd over gopher 3.0.6.9.
If I turn off AnyDVD it doesn't hang IE 7. They dont always conflict but when they do I ALWAYS have to turn off anydvd.
Hope this helps someone out there. :)