PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my Replay A/V 8?

mflesher
04-13-2008, 05:41 AM
4/11/08 - Downloaded Replay A/V 8 trial version. I liked it very much, it was exactly what I was looking for. After successfully capturing some video streams, I thought it would be nice to convert my captures from flash to WMP files so I could share them with my family. After learning the cost of Replay A/V 8 and the Conversion program, I realized that for a few dollars more I could get the whole suite.

4/12/08 - All of a sudden I realized that the newer version of Replay was different. There was no longer a start/stop recording button. Instead there was a Wizard wand in place of it. This Wizard wand made capturing video streaming much more difficult. I had to manually enter the URL address, and the Title of the video. It no longer automatically started to record the video stream. Then the captures became incomplete. The conversion program refused to convert. It seems like the whole thing went hay-wire.

So I uninstalled Replay A/V 8, and went back for a new download. I still had the same problems.

I searched for a different brand of this utility, but there is none to compare to the promises Applian Advantage has to offer. I don’t want to give up and ask for my money back, but if I can’t find the original version I downloaded 4/11, I just might have to.

I went back to the Applian Advantage site and found a program called WM Recorder. It looked different than what I was using on 4/11. WM Recorder worked like I wanted it to. I kind'a like the converter option too. The trial version did not give me much of a chance to see how well it all worked.

Instead of asking for my money back for the Suite, maybe some of it could be used to purchase the WM Recorder. I really don't need all that stuff that was in the Suite I purchased 4/11/08.

All I want to do is capture video streaming and convert it to someting my family can use. Although I kind'a like the idea of capturing audio from my XM reciever. What am I to do?

Illbay
04-13-2008, 08:15 AM
If you purchased the suite, you automatically have a license to WM Recorder. In fact, you've pretty much purchased everything Applian makes.

mflesher
04-13-2008, 10:19 AM
No - sorry. My Replay Capture Suite (all products): Code = RMC120************-**** does not work.

Illbay
04-13-2008, 01:19 PM
No - sorry. My Replay Capture Suite (all products): Code = RMC120************-**** does not work.I got the following email from Applian when I purchased the Suite:

Here are the Activation Code(s) you'll need:

Audio Video Streaming Capture Suite (all products):
Code = RM**********************-****

Replay Converter only:
Code = RM********************-****

Replay Media Splitter only:
Code = RM**********************-****

Replay Media Catcher only:
Code = RC**********************-****

Just enter the Activation Code into the software when
requested, and you're ready to go. Or, locate the green
Upgrade button, and follow the "Enter Code" link.

Entering your code into one product automatically activates
any others included in your purchase (unless you receive
separate codes for a product).

mflesher
04-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I tried that, and the suite activation code does not work. I don't beleive the WM Recorder program is in the suite I purchased. WM Recorder is a separate deal. Activation is not my problem. My problem is that the program changed from the trial version to something I do not like.

I would like to get my money back for the suite programs and purchase the WM Recorder. It comes with a converter and everything I need.

Susi
04-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Applian is such a great company that I am sure they will give you the code that you need. All they need to do is verify the suite. I started only using one program and now I use most of them. So don't give up on the Suite as you only think that WM is all you need for today. I am sure you will start to use the other great programs like Media Catcher and the splitter and such.

Susi

mflesher
04-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Applian is such a great company that I am sure they will give you the code that you need. All they need to do is verify the suite. I started only using one program and now I use most of them. So don't give up on the Suite as you only think that WM is all you need for today. I am sure you will start to use the other great programs like Media Catcher and the splitter and such.

Susi

I was successful capturing some video streams last night. I think I figured out want I was doing wrong. I am going to stay with the suite. I like some of the untried options Replay A/V 8 has to offer. It is going to take me a while to try them out.

Thank you – Susi & Illbay – for your help. You guys caused me to hang in there, and not give up on Applian.

mflesher
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Here is what Applian sent me via Email this morning:

"Hi Michael,

Are you sure that you initially used Replay A/V to capture the video stream? Replay A/V has not, and is not, capable of automatically capturing a stream upon opening of the program. It is a 2 step process. Are you sure that you didn't initally use Replay Media Catcher which is also one of the programs you own within the Suite. It has the Start Recording button at the lower left of the interface: http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/"

I went back to the suite and started up Replay Media Catcher. And silly me, there it was. Times like this makes one feel so Dumb. It was not Replay A/V - it was Replay Media Catcher that I originally downloaded and used the first time.