PDA

View Full Version : Converted MP3's not playing correctly on Nano 4g

chalutz94
01-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi, I recently upgraded my Ipod nano from a 2g to a 4g. I record a daily Siruis stream and convert the files to mp3. There are 3 125min files that are converted daily. The 2g Nano had no problem playing and remember the position of these files. But now the 4g Nano sometimes will not play these files and never remembers the playback position.

The "solution" to this problem is to open the file in an audio editor (I also use a Mac and open it in Audacity). I then export the file into Mp3 format (even though it is already an mp3). THe newly created file then has no problems in the 4g Nano. It plays every time and remembers the playback position every time.

My question is, what in the converter could be causing this issue? Is there any other workaround? I do not want to manually edit each file every day.
thx.

Cheryl Wester
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I talked to the developer regarding this. It is difficult to troubleshoot as we don't have the two Nanos to compare.

The only thing he can think of is that the 4g iPod Nano changed the MP3 codec. Try converting to AAC(M4a) or AAC(M4b) in Replay Converter instead of MP3.

chalutz94
02-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Thx for the reply. It appears that the AAC encoding works on my 4g Nano! It plays all the time and remembers the position correctly.
thx again.

Cheryl Wester
02-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We do appreciate the additional information.