PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted area recorded, multiple video cards?

flvrec0r3r
01-29-2009, 06:35 PM
A brief aside, I have used the demo of RVC on XP MCE 2005 with no difficulties. I expect that is because I do not boot into \ehome\ehshell.exe (removed it from startup). MCE was the least expensive XP at the time. I treat it just like regular XP, browsing through folders for movies instead of the slick MCE interface. I can still use either the remote or keyboard when needed. Still use the tuner and recording features.

Which brings us to the question. How does one still work at an XP PC (e-mail, MS-Word, etc.) and record a browser window (YouTube, Hulu) at the same time?

Do people restore down and resize the recording area's main window, then use always on top, and just work around it? I'm thinking eventually MS-Word is on top when a new document opens maximized and there goes the recording to a big white space.

Also is it possible to record choosing a specific one of two video cards? If the application supports it, you'd just drag the app to a monitor by itself and record that. Ignore audio for now and assume whatever is playing on the target video card/monitor has sound playing on the speakers and can be recorded by some choice in the RVC GUI.

Cheryl Wester
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
The program is going to record what it sees on your screen. If you are able to have a window on the recording that is not blocked by the other then you would be able to do this-

You would need to use just one video card. Our program is going to use the default one. Thanks.