PDA

View Full Version : SWF-VERIFICATION --- lets discuss this now please!! RMC about to become usless?!?!?!?

Elk and Oreos
01-28-2009, 10:41 AM
"The only software that lets you capture streaming Flash Video (FLV format) and MP3 Audio from previously unrecordable streams." no longer...no longer...unfortunately

well...seriously... im pissed!

there are some threads already dealing with the problem but I d really like to discuss this in full length now as this problem is about to make RMC irrelevant if not totally useless.

the problem:

in short...almost evey website streaming cool videos is about to switch or already has switched to flash player 10

flasher player 10 offers swf-verification which in short makes it unable to capture any stream with RMC

RMC wont adopt to this?

despite having updated every plug in to its newest version, deleating cookies...and so on... RMC doesnt capture it... in my case a RTMP stream on mtv.com

having read some threads on the forum i had to found out that :

quote Jeff Lenney, Applian Stuff:
We have resolved a dispute with Adobe Systems Incorporated, [...], by agreeing not to circumvent any Secure RTMP Measures developed by Adobe.

https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?t=1451

Questions:

which means applian wont develop any solution to this??

thats it?? done??

what do i need RMC for now if i cant capture the most streams?

i d really liked to hear from the staff or engineers about that...

P.S.
i bought RMC coz i was tired of all the URL sniffing, grabbing or fishing or what so ever... and i really enjoyed the program! best thing to download streams so far...now...??

though that is just my opinion... if u guys keep this policy of not adopting or developing a tool to bypass the swf-verification u can shut down this company
"The only software that lets you capture streaming Flash Video (FLV format) and MP3 Audio from previously unrecordable streams." ...no longer...no longer...unfortunately...

Tasha Heinlein
01-28-2009, 12:55 PM
For any information on these changes, please check out the latest FAQ (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php). Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Elk and Oreos
01-29-2009, 05:35 AM
omg...wow...thats even less i expected!! a link to the latest FAQs...

While these Secure RTMP sites are a tiny percentage of the video recorded by Replay Media Catcher, some customers may be affected.

u must be kidding... except youtube every major site streaming cool videos is about to switch or has already switched.

whatever...im done with u applian folks...RMC is nothing but a useless thing now...and be sure i will let everybody know about this... take care!

HorribleSubs
01-29-2009, 06:57 AM
I made my own tool to capture any RTMPE/RTMP stream with SWF verification and so far it's been working fine for dumping AVC from Crunchyroll.

MatthewC1000
01-29-2009, 07:34 AM
omg...wow...thats even less i expected!! a link to the latest FAQs...

While these Secure RTMP sites are a tiny percentage of the video recorded by Replay Media Catcher, some customers may be affected.

u must be kidding... except youtube every major site streaming cool videos is about to switch or has already switched.

whatever...im done with u applian folks...RMC is nothing but a useless thing now...and be sure i will let everybody know about this... take care!

My 2 ˘'s on this:
As you can see, Applian is simply protecting it self. :) Now getting around
these RTMP protected streaming protocols is now concidered a
problem. (illegal) now, Applian is still on your side BTW...you have an app
like Replay Video Capture. (which works great) it is believed (myth) that,
some app'(s) out there will record of these RTMPE/HTTPS or any adobe
stream system with encryption but, these software's come from
out side the US (Antigua) and, they simply are not breaking any laws which can make them unaccounted for libel.

chetcope
01-29-2009, 10:10 AM
1 thing folks might doi is back up their RMC program folder (esp the plugins).

That may (or may not) help if you have to reinstall stuff in the future,

C

tiredofspam
01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
1 thing folks might doi is back up their RMC program folder (esp the plugins).

That may (or may not) help if you have to reinstall stuff in the future,

C

Agree with you and did so last night...a shame that Adobe had to throw their (bloated) weight around...

flvrec0r3r
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
the problem:

in short...almost evey website streaming cool videos is about to switch or already has switched to flash player 10

flasher player 10 offers swf-verification which in short makes it unable to capture any stream with RMC

SWF Verification only requires Flash version 9.0.115.0.

We have resolved a dispute with Adobe Systems Incorporated, [...], by agreeing not to circumvent any Secure RTMP Measures developed by Adobe.

which means applian wont develop any solution to this??

thats it?? done??
Yes.

i d really liked to hear from the staff or engineers about that...
Sorry, me too but I don't think so. The original thread you mention answers your questions: "All we are legally allowed to say on the issue is" this (http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)

wantlivenow
02-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I made my own tool to capture any RTMPE/RTMP stream with SWF verification and so far it's been working fine for dumping AVC from Crunchyroll.

I need that tool! T_T

Johnzo
02-01-2009, 12:09 PM
I need that tool! T_T

Me too.

MatthewC1000
02-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I made.... Crunchyroll.
:D...sorry, I thought that was funny....;) ♪ freak out ♪ :)

pedrobear
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM

LOL, waryas, hope you're ready for that Adobe lawsuit. you've finally gone too far this time

Mirjam
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I need that tool too :). In our country downloading is legal, so applian please fix this problem asap? I want my fabchannelgigs back.

micromedia
02-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately it all boils down to money and how much they can squeeze out of everyone.
But hey, RMC still can record the commercials I guess that is something.:)

Sounds like its time to get the lawyers involved to fix this one that is if Applian show interest in keeping RMC software marketable.

Stream some of it,
Record some of it,
Keep it !!!!!

J-Mac
02-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Unfortunately it all boils down to money and how much they can squeeze out of everyone.

You mean Applian, right? ;)

After all, they sold this with a certain functionality and then made an agreement to cripple it. I don’t know about anyone else but I didn't get any money back when they castrated my RMC.

And naturally the recommendation they make in the same announcement is to purchase yet another o their one-show applications. Bah!

Jim

MagratG
02-06-2009, 04:48 AM

Sounds good so how about making it available then......

M.

Anders Eliasson
02-08-2009, 06:36 AM

I would like that tool too, cause now I realized that RMC is worthless.

Jeff Lenney
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Folks,

Please keep in mind this is ONLY for NEW purchases of Replay Media Catcher. Those with existing purchases/downloads PRIOR to 1/28/2009 will not see these changes, and will be able to record everything just as they were before.

(From the FAQ's):

Will my current copy of Replay Media Catcher change?

No. If you've installed Replay Media Catcher 3.01 prior to January 28, 2009, no new plug-in downloads will occur unless you delete the old files on your PC.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and please feel free to Read through the FAQ's as Tasha Posted on the previous page. Link to the faq's here: Replay Media Catcher/Adobe FAQ's (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)

Please also keep in mind, if you're NOT able to record any particular video stream using Replay Media Catcher, we do offer a great Screen Capture tool called Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture). While not as simple as recording and walking away from your pc, it does get the job done..and in fact I use it myself weekly on NetFlix (and other) Videos on my home pc.

tiredofspam
02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey Folks,

Please keep in mind this is ONLY for NEW purchases of Replay Media Catcher. Those with existing purchases/downloads PRIOR to 1/28/2009 will not see these changes, and will be able to record everything just as they were before.

Sorry Jeff...not true. You may not have changed the .dll for prior installations but...it no longer records Hulu 480p, CBS, etc.

Probably just a matter of time before Hulu 360p dies as well. While "we" understand your predicament, fact is, your customers are mighty pissed about the situation.

dragonfang196
02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
damn right man, this pisses me off as i paid good moeny and didn't get any of it back, now i have to do another trialpay to get their new one.

WHY CAN"T YOU MAKE ONE THAT WORKS. HULU 480 DOES NOT WORK. and RVC lags when i replay it.

Also, i had mine before 1/28/09, and it stopped downloading 480 ones. so you're right, this one fails to do its job, then you guys sic us a new program and that pisses me off to have us all pay for a new app that was supposed to do the job of the old app.

sadsac
02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey Folks,

(From the FAQ's):

No. If you've installed Replay Media Catcher 3.01 prior to January 28, 2009, no new plug-in downloads will occur unless you delete the old files on your PC.

Jeff,

Sites such as CMT, VH1, MTV, and Hulu (for HD only) have recently switched on RMPTE with SWF Verification and therefore replay media catcher - even the pre-01/28/09 version - no longer works on such streams. It seems that RMPTE w/SWF Verification was switched on within days of Applian settling their dispute with Adobe by removing the spoofing of SWF verification.

I agree that RVC is a good product, but to suggest that it can produce as good quality compared to a copy of the original flv file is probably not correct.

Tasha Heinlein
02-08-2009, 07:56 PM
You guys are correct that some of these sites have started implementing a new Adobe security measure. Media Catcher does not work, but we did not make any updates to the older versions plug-ins. We still recommend using Replay Video Capture for these sites that Media Catcher will no longer capture. I think that we've posted on this thread enough times that there isn't much else to say. You guys know the drill - for more info check out the latest FAQ:

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php

There is nothing further for us to add.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

J-Mac
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey Folks,

(From the FAQ's):

Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and please feel free to Read through the FAQ's as Tasha Posted on the previous page. Link to the faq's here: Replay Media Catcher/Adobe FAQ's (http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php)

Please also keep in mind, if you're NOT able to record any particular video stream using Replay Media Catcher, we do offer a great Screen Capture tool called Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture). While not as simple as recording and walking away from your pc, it does get the job done..and in fact I use it myself weekly on NetFlix (and other) Videos on my home pc.

Jeff, a lot of folks update when they see a new version offered, without any clue that it would castrate the product. The FAQ states what Applian did, but the Updates page AND the Download page did not.

And so once updated, how can we get the older version back? Is Applian willing to put the setup file for that version back up? I have the older setup files - for all versions - but they all download from the Applian site and install the crap again.

Jim

Edit: Also, pushing users to purchase yet another application without giving any relief for the one you sold and then ruined is pretty disgraceful IMO. I already purchased Replay Music way back when, upgraded to the Suite when it was released, then had to upgrade to the Suite a second time because the first one sold was missing programs that you offered a couple months later - and Applian NEVER allows an updated program to be used by existing users but instead makes them upgrade all over again - and then when you finally developed the technology to capture all the things that Replay AV and the Suite was never able to do well, what did you do? Sold it as another new program: Replay Media Catcher. And then we all know what you did to that.

And now you are all advising us to purchase yet another program to do what you just crippled RMC so it can no longer do? Wow - if I wrote a book like this no one would believe it!

dragonfang196
02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
hey yall, REPLAY VIDEO CAPTURE can't do nearly as much as replay media catcher can do.

It's ridiculous. really. RVC takes up TWICE AS MUCH SPACE, yet is much more complicated (can't do anything else, or move mouse through square, or use computer while loading) and CANNOT work without lagging. the video on high def in hulu DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT LAGGING ridiculously.

I give up. I want the replay media catcher back, if it only downloads low def that's fine, i'll take waht i can get. but your business model is FLAWED because we pay good money but you guys say that oh, buy another one of our products so we can disable it in a month or two then make you buy another one. your customer satisfaction must be terrible.

dnlnnhs
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
While I am disappointed that RMC can no longer download from many sites, I understand Applian's position, and that this is not their fault. I do think that Applian could do better by providing a free version of Replay Video Capture. Even if it was free, it still does not provide the same functionality as RMC. Capturing video, also means capturing commercials, and dedicating your PC to the capture process (any on screen movement is captured, including mouse movements)while the video plays. $9.95 is not much, but a free copy would be better compensation. It would certainly keep my business (I also own Replay Music)

Even if it was free for users who purchased RMC in the last x (30, 60, etc.) number of days. I can understand why someone would be upset if they had just purchased it in the last 30 days.

How 'bout it Applian? A free copy of Video Capture (even a special edition would help) for existing RMC customers?

Also, if anyone can find something that does work, it would be great to point the rest of us in that direction. Thanks.

dragonfang196
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I want a free copy of RMC. i upgraded to RVC before finding out it is CRAP. it lags! ridiculously. at least RMC played without too much lag. please send me a code for RMC.

Tasha Heinlein
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I want a free copy of RMC. i upgraded to RVC before finding out it is CRAP. it lags! ridiculously. at least RMC played without too much lag. please send me a code for RMC.

If you ordered RVC within the last 30 days you can submit a ticket to Customer Service politely asking for a refund. This is not the place to ask for a refund your request will not be heard by the people who can help you with this. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

dragonfang196
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
but i don't want a refund. I want to change my RVC code to a RMC code. Since RVC won't work well without lagging.

basically, i had RMC, then i wanted to switch that but they refunded so i had to get RVC, and now that i found out that it is terrible, i would like to siwtch back to RMC.

FreakingA
02-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I've been trolling this thread (and these forums) for a while now..i'm blown away by each response I see. How clueless are you guys?

Why do you think applian only give the same canned answers? I'm a law student, but it doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here: Adobe sued applian or THREATENED to sue them if they didn't stop recording their streams. Adobe then CHANGED their formats somehow after applian made a press release stating that NEW members/customers would not be able to use it for rtmpe sites after a certain date. Therefore, adobe is screwing everybody, not applian.

It's not applians fault that Replay Media Catcher isn't working on these sites any more than it's applians fault that NYC was attacked on 9/11.

Applian is getting screwed by this too...they're probably losing business, and they're getting upset and unruly customers over something they have NO control over.

/Rant

tiredofspam
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/protecting_video_fms.pdf

J-Mac
02-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I've been trolling this thread (and these forums) for a while now..i'm blown away by each response I see. How clueless are you guys?

Why do you think applian only give the same canned answers? I'm a law student, but it doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here: Adobe sued applian or THREATENED to sue them if they didn't stop recording their streams. Adobe then CHANGED their formats somehow after applian made a press release stating that NEW members/customers would not be able to use it for rtmpe sites after a certain date. Therefore, adobe is screwing everybody, not applian.

It's not applians fault that Replay Media Catcher isn't working on these sites any more than it's applians fault that NYC was attacked on 9/11.

Applian is getting screwed by this too...they're probably losing business, and they're getting upset and unruly customers over something they have NO control over.

/Rant

Wow - NYC was attacked again on 9/11?!? And someone has been blaming Applian for the attack?

What law school do you attend? Mail order by any chance?

All kidding aside, do you happen to know what "trolling" means? See this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Jim

noob2001204
02-10-2009, 08:32 AM
RMC will become useless when more and more websites start to use RTMPE with SWF verification technology,so we should enjoy & satisfy what RMC can do it for us right now
RMC will be ruined one day 4 sure

Elk and Oreos
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey Folks,

STOP POSTING THIS!! me and my friends tried several versions of RMC one of it dating back to june last year. IT DOES NOT CAPTURE PROTECTED STREAMS!!! why do u keep saying it would? neither does capture proteced streams!!

SORRY BUT...wait...im not sorry...THIS IS REDICLIOUS!! just to get this straight and make it cristal clear for everyone...

the original product meant to do what it is meant to do doesnt work any longer...so instead of offering any compensation or a free update to another product u are trying to even make money out of the fact that ur original product doesnt work anymore... lol wow...

FOLKS listen...

THERE ARE FREE SCREENCATCHING PROGRAMS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u do not have to pay another 10 bucks to buy another tool!!!

there is fraps, streamcatcher, cam studio...and so on...

is that a good solution to the problem? NOOOO!!!!! WHY?? coz files are like...so much bigger than a normal flash video. if u want to have a video of good quality a 1 minute video can be 20MB...

so please folks do not pay for a screen catching tool... its rather useless + there are free programs out there

u know... the saddest thing about all this is that RMC really was the best tool to save streams...but its over... EDIT: and it makes me angry every time and every day i try to save a video on mtv, cbs, comdey central... IT JUST DOESNT WORK ANYMORE... its just *****

micromedia
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
The reality is that eventually RMC will no longer work or function as Applian originally intended ( I am talking about not working on ANY streaming video). It looks like Applian short of moving to a country that has no laws to legally stop them from further developing this application or they sell the software to a company in one of those countries nothing will change.

So the BIG question here is what are our choices? Are there applications being developed that mimic RMC?

MatthewC1000
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
The future is becoming now a quote from "Allah" (https://forum.applian.com/showpost.php?p=4264&postcount=1)...:o

The truth of the matter is folks, the content you are downloading has a value...
the RMC software will continue to work 'till all companies upgrade to this new Adobe Protected Streaming Protocol...:D. At least, you can download the non HD Video versions of Hulu videos....get it while you can....;)
You can always give Replay Video Capture a try....(which will never fail)
unless, you decide to listen to punk Metallica heavy metal...:D

Kind Regards.

dragonfang196
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
The future is becoming now a quote from "Allah" (https://forum.applian.com/showpost.php?p=4264&postcount=1)...:o

The truth of the matter is folks, the content you are downloading has a value...
the RMC software will continue to work 'till all companies upgrade to this new Adobe Protected Streaming Protocol...:D. At least, you can download the non HD Video versions of Hulu videos....get it while you can....;)
You can always give Replay Video Capture a try....(which will never fail)
unless, you decide to listen to punk Metallica heavy metal...:D

Kind Regards.

I think you need to check it. Replay Video Capture means you can't do anything else for the time you are recording - RMC is better. secondly, it LAGS LIKE HELL when replaying the media. again, RMC does not and therefore is better.

I wasted my time to upgrade to RVC, and i want a refund but prefer a RMC code. because this is just ridiculous when i HAD RMC, you TELL me to upgrade to RVC and i find out it is worse, then i have to switch back. Applian tech needs to fix its programs and stop giving me a headache.

zanefan
02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I mean with all due respect, RVC is NOT comparable to RMC. It simply isn't, and to continue to say that it is is just downright misleading.

To pretend that screen capture software, which is absolutely ARCHAIC these days for anything OTHER than presentations, is somehow a reasonable alternative... that's just delusional.

Jeff Lenney
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I mean with all due respect, RVC is NOT comparable to RMC. It simply isn't, and to continue to say that it is is just downright misleading.

To pretend that screen capture software, which is absolutely ARCHAIC these days for anything OTHER than presentations, is somehow a reasonable alternative... that's just delusional.

Keep in mind folks, it's not an UPGRADE, but an alternative to recording 'un-recordable' rtmpe streams such as hulu, etc. It may not be the most desirable method, but it works. If anybody's having lag issues with Replay Video Capture, please submit a ticket and we'll be more than happy to help you find the optimal settings. I use it all the time, full screen, partial, screen. I've got a single core processor (amd 3700+) and it works fine for me.

Thank you.

attackcenter
02-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi,

I noticed that there was a solution posted by: flvrec0r3r

Does this work or not?

Not to mention, to retain the old dlls cant you simply delete the dlls. Uncheck the update from server option and simply reinstall the program?

Not to mention if this works, would it not be considerable that it would continue working for a while? I believe most Flash 10 sites still accept Flash 9 right?

The questionable solution is posted below:

This is pretty far over the top for some folks. But a few hard core users might benefit from
A Hulu Joyride secret method
Use Opera. That might not be 100% essential.
Do not have Flash for IE installed. Also might not be 100% essential.
Use Flash v 9.0.151.0
If a downgrade or removal is needed use the uninstaller via
Code:

uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean

Fire up RCAT, disable Super Download.
Do not sign up for, or sign in to, Hulu.
Use the direct URL for 480p.
To get the direct 480p URL for a Hulu show; an example, go to
http://www.hulu.com/joyride
right-click the Flash thumbnail and/or use whatever the browser's version of "copy link address" is. For the example it should be
http: //www.hulu.com/watch/26230/joyride

Remove the trailing title name. Sometimes it's a mile long like
http: //www.hulu.com/watch/49449/life-trapdoor#s-p1-so-i0
Snip it all after the last number including the slash "/".

http: //www.hulu.com/watch/26230

Now change "watch" to "hd" leaving the direct URL for 480p as
http://www.hulu.com/hd/26230
(Not all Hulu programs have a 480p version regardless the URL or whether being signed in.)

Put the direct URL for 480p into the browser address bar and hit enter. Up pops the request to login. Ignore it. Look at RCAT. It is starting to record. That no-login behavior is specific to Flash v 9.0.151.0. With Flash 10 you'll need to login making most of this all pretty unnecessary. Wait a second or two or five. Hit the browser back button. You should have landed back on on
http://www.hulu.com/joyride
Leave the browser tab, or browser window, open on the description page for the program/movie. Do not watch the program/movie and record it at the same time.

Some Hulu behavior is tracked and some restrictions are enforced via "Flash Cookies." I delete mine all the time.
Code:

rd /s /q "%APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player"
rd /s /q "%APPDATA%\Adobe\Flash Player"

When available the same method worked the same way for "Underworld: Evolution" a couple of weeks ago. Main page to Get FLash help.

Thanks,

AC

kana
02-12-2009, 02:16 AM
I would like that tool too, cause now I realized that RMC is worthless.

I too was interested in the claim of this user "HorribleSubs" that they can download any RTMPE stream (even with SWF verification!) so I did some research. It seemed rather implausible that they would be able to circumvent Adobe's security protections so easily, but apparently it's true. I have some friends who are pretty well connected and know who's behind this "HorribleSubs" moniker. They said that they know of two people who are for sure part of this group and gave me their handles. From there I just did some searching around online to find their contact information.

Handle: "waryas"
Name: Yassan
E-mail: [email protected]

Handle: "mreweilk"
Name: Matt Kliewer
E-mail: [email protected]

I haven't tried contacting them yet, but I'm hoping they'd be willing to share some of their methods with us desperate RMC users :D

flvrec0r3r
02-12-2009, 03:19 AM
Hi, I noticed that there was a solution posted by: flvrec0r3r Does this work or not?
No. It did for a while though. But what it worked for resulted from a completely different set of circumstances.

I won't be much help with bypassing SWF verification. I mean it's already been done, peope are doing it now, Applian can do it, but I have no interest. Sites that recently switched to restricted content I avoid completely. Hulu is dead to me. By their own hand I might add.

briantomhson
11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Very nice post with a ton of informative information. I really appreciate the fact that you approach these topics from a stand point of knowledge and information
instead of the typical “I think” mentality that you see so much on the internet these days.

GBen
11-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Wow!!! After a few days of checking out similar programs, I had decided to purchase RMC ( or the suite ) and after many bad purchases in the past, decided to check out this forum to make sure that all the hype was believable. Glad I did, and thank you for addressing the above issue. I really did think it was to good to be true!