PDA

View Full Version : URL finder doesn't find the video I just watched

Grindy
01-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

Just purchased Replay A/V based on reviews of the product, but I'm having my first problem on the first video I wished to get.

The video is on the Senate.gov site. I watched the full video, then used the URL finder to find it, but it's not listed there at all. It IS a Flash video, so how do I "capture" it?

Thanks,
bob

Cheryl Wester
01-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Use the URL Finder under Tools. Then go to the link you want to capture. If it doesn't work then it might not be able to be captured with AV. If that is the case try it with Replay Media Catcher as it works on a lot of sites that AV doesn't. Also, if you give us the URL of what you are trying to capture someone would be glad to test it for you.

Grindy
01-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks Cheryl,
I used the URL finder under Tools as you mention.
Here's the site: http://whitehouse.senate.gov/newsroom/multimedia/view/?id=3bd59c66-ecbc-42f1-8326-c058c2bbeee4

Use the URL Finder under Tools. Then go to the link you want to capture. If it doesn't work then it might not be able to be captured with AV. If that is the case try it with Replay Media Catcher as it works on a lot of sites that AV doesn't. Also, if you give us the URL of what you are trying to capture someone would be glad to test it for you.

Grindy
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Is this the kind of "support" we can expect from Applian? Can someone there please go to the link and either confirm that Replay A/V can't record the video there or tell me what might be wrong with what I am doing?

Cheryl's suggestion - that I might try to use "Media Catcher" instead - just blows me away. I paid "top dollar" for Replay A/V as the "best" streaming video recorder around, and now I am told that you have yet a different product that might work where Replay A/V fails... Man, that is just wrong. Why can't you have one product that "captures" all the formats of video??? I'm thinking that this is just a way to make the extra dollar and to hell with the customer.

Is anyone listening?

Tasha Heinlein
01-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Is this the kind of "support" we can expect from Applian? Can someone there please go to the link and either confirm that Replay A/V can't record the video there or tell me what might be wrong with what I am doing?

Cheryl's suggestion - that I might try to use "Media Catcher" instead - just blows me away. I paid "top dollar" for Replay A/V as the "best" streaming video recorder around, and now I am told that you have yet a different product that might work where Replay A/V fails... Man, that is just wrong. Why can't you have one product that "captures" all the formats of video??? I'm thinking that this is just a way to make the extra dollar and to hell with the customer.

Is anyone listening?

These files are being streamed zipped. Try this: rename the file extension to .gz. Open in 7zip or winrar and extract the file. Rename this file to .flv. Now the file should play in our FLV player. Please keep in mind that while we do our best to keep on top of posts - if you are expecting a timely response from an Applian Team member please open a ticket in our support department. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.