PDA

View Full Version : CBS not working any longer?

karnor
01-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I just started having trouble with CBS not downloading files. Have they gone the route of ABC and found a way to block RMC? I have been able to find most of the same programs on fancast.com -- but am just waiting until the day that's blocked, too. :(

BTW, I can now download TVLand, where previously I could not.

kurganxy
01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I seem to be having the same problem. When i try to record as the world turns all i get is the ad. it never captures the show. hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

karnor
01-29-2009, 06:42 AM
I have found that I can record CBS programs from fancast.com. Crossing my fingers that they don't find a way to block that.

karnor
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Now TVLand stopped working again.

Lida
01-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I cant records CBS anymore either, only the add, not the show. Not happy cause that is THE only reason i bought the program. Can someone please answer to why and if its being looked into?

karnor
01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
from other posts I read earlier today, they won't be.

Maybe I misread it - but you can read for yourself.

http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php

Try going to fancast.com to see if you can catch the program there.

Lida
01-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up, thats not good news. I already tried fancast and although the video didnt play i was able to record it, but for how long?

zanefan
02-01-2009, 12:52 AM
I was under the impression that this only affected NEWLY installed RMC programs? Those of us who have had the program for a while should still be able to capture these sites, no?

Lida
02-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Yes i dont get that either, mine were installed months ago and arent working anymore on CBS, witch was the most important one for me, to record some episodes of the soaps. Dont care for the rest, there are other ways to get tv series in good quality if you want them.

zanefan
02-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Agreed, Lida. I only use the program on CBS.com for the soaps, that's the only reason I bought the license.

Criminey, it's not like people are SELLING this stuff. It's just more convenient than recording them on DVD and then converting them.

flvrec0r3r
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
It's just more convenient than recording them on DVD and then converting them.Exactly. Please just completely avoid websites that can't be recorded. Our numbers aren't large, but we are somebody. All it took was Amazon to start allowing DRM free music, the herd turned, and iTunes followed soon after.

Hulu is now enforcing a new restriction. Can anyone record
http://www.hulu.com/toy-soldiers
?
The way it is going, if no one complains to legislators and content providers, and no one votes at their polling place, with their feet, and elsewhere with their wallets, we will have to download a dedicated player for every network, cable TV, and sattelite channel in existence. And we will need a dedicated player installed on every device because we will have to buy a multimedia file for the cellular phone, for the HDTV, for the portable player, and the next great device.

Lida
02-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Agreed, Lida. I only use the program on CBS.com for the soaps, that's the only reason I bought the license.

Criminey, it's not like people are SELLING this stuff. It's just more convenient than recording them on DVD and then converting them.

For me its not even all the episodes, i want to clip certain scenes and keep them on my computer. I wouldnt mind recording on dvd, but i cant since i dont live in the US.

BTW i tried video capture but there's no comparison on quality, i am better off then with the avi's that you can download.

karnor
02-04-2009, 06:30 AM
I was under the impression that this only affected NEWLY installed RMC programs? Those of us who have had the program for a while should still be able to capture these sites, no?

That's the way I read it, too, but that's not been the case with me. I can't record the things that it seems like I should be able to since I've had RMC for a while.

micromedia
02-04-2009, 08:51 AM
FYI
I was able to record Saints and Soldiers from HULU.
I didn't sign into HULU to do this.
Then I logged into HULU and recorded Dragonheart and Killing Zoe at the same time.
I was curious if logging in made a difference or the number of streams to my IP address was a factor.