PDA

View Full Version : Will Replay Music makhe MP3's from CD's ?

AIRPILOT
01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
As well as ripping and creating MP3 files from streaming audio PC sources, will Replay Music also automatically rip MP3 files (including GraceNote style file naming) directly from CD's that I own?

Thanks, Airpilot

Cheryl Wester
01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
The best thing for you to do is give it a try and see. With DRM it is not always as easy as it use to be. The music is tagged with genre, etc. when capturing. Thanks.

AIRPILOT
01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for your response.

I didn't make my request clear - I understand the DRM issue, and the fact that some CD's may not rip due to that misguided process.

My question is: Does Replay Music have the capability to make mp3 files from CD's that I own? In other words, does Replay Music rip CD's into mp3's, if there's no DRM or other legal issues?

I'm asking a software functionality question, not for a guesstimate depending on DRM issues.

I don't know how to ask this simple question any more plainly...

Airpilot

MatthewC1000
01-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for your response.

I didn't make my request clear - I understand the DRM issue, and the fact that some CD's may not rip due to that misguided process.

My question is: Does Replay Music have the capability to make mp3 files from CD's that I own? In other words, does Replay Music rip CD's into mp3's, if there's no DRM or other legal issues?

I'm asking a software functionality question, not for a guesstimate depending on DRM issues.

I don't know how to ask this simple question any more plainly...

Airpilot

You can use the Windows Media Player built into windows to rip Audio CDs.

Kind Regards.

AIRPILOT
01-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Matthew:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm aware that WMP will rip CD's into MP3 or WMA. What I wanted to know was, should I buy a copy of Replay Music because it would do a better job of ripping than WMP? I'm not satisfied with the job WMA does, so I thought maybe Replay Music might give me more quality and flexibility during ripping.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Airpilot