PDA

View Full Version : Hulu: Dirt not recognized

cain
04-10-2008, 07:49 PM
My wife works the early shift and I purchased the suite to record Dirt from Hulu.

Oddly, it doesn't recognize the show with AV or Media Catcher (is it because it is TV-MA?)

All commercials, clips and other shows/movies are captured. Just not Dirt?

Jeff Lenney
05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi CAIN

Are you able to record other shows on hulu, and only dirt (on hulu) is giving you the problem?

Sorry for the delayed response. :-)

cain
05-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Hi CAIN

Are you able to record other shows on hulu, and only dirt (on hulu) is giving you the problem?

Sorry for the delayed response. :-)

Yes, all shows that do not require login, work.

I tried using AV and saw a different feed pattern than I do with the FLV. With the secure items there were 10 to 20 chunks observed by AV but none of them were the actual show.

I'd prefer to capture it with the software, but I do have a PCTV to GO HD and can capture my DirecTv HD with it as an alternative (it just doesn't have great timing controls and sometimes crashes on Vista.)

disco340
05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Is there a solution for this yet.

Tasha Heinlein
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
We have a new version of Media Catcher coming out that includes a fix for the tv-ma shows, such as dirt. Should be out by next week!!

cain
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
That's great to read!

I look forward to testing it out on Hulu. :)

One other item to try - longer than 1 hour on Hulu. It might be my connection, but I have noticed an incomplete capture (Firefly:Serenity in 480p for example)

I'll definitely put the new version through the paces. :)

Tasha Heinlein
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
You are correct, there has also been an issue with longer files getting dropped connections. This should be fixed as well.

cain
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
You are correct, there has also been an issue with longer files getting dropped connections. This should be fixed as well.

Even better to read!

:p

cain
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Waiting for the recording to complete (using MC 3.0ß)...
:confused:

First attempt (http://www.hulu.com/watch/15733/dirt-blogan#x-0,vepisode,1) failed after 117MB....

Andy Heinlein
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Recording sites that use RTMP will take a bit longer than they used to since the new Flash Media Server destroyed the "download super fast" hack (this is why connections were dropping with large files)

So, now it records in real time.. but, atleast you'll get it.

-andy.

cain
07-30-2008, 02:11 PM
So, now it records in real time.. but, atleast you'll get it.

Good to know...

Dirt testing update (episode mentioned above):

Attempt #2 "failed" at 19.09 MB - (it seems stuck, the icon hasn't registered a broken connection or failure, it just stopped incrementing the data captured.)
Attempt #3 failed at 0 MB
Attempt #4 is running... (no pause this time)

Further insight into pause comment:

Generally I start an episode and pause it, the stream continues to record and I move onto something else.

For these tests, I am running Pandora (no volume) and Hulu (no volume.)

Pandora captures have been 100% - Hulu captures of Dirt have not quite arrived yet (but that doesn't mean it is broken, connectivity issues could be in play.)

More to follow.

cain
07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Okay, it stopped at 167.25 MB...

I switched over to the tab and noticed that it was buffering a lot, which resulted in a new stream capture in RMC3.

So, now, I have two non-progressing captures, one at 19.09MB and the second (most recent) at 167.25 MB.

If I switch to the tab and watch the episode (besides the buffering messages that occurred) - it has continued to play the episode.

yanks10952
08-06-2008, 06:38 AM
for some reason if you downloand widget thru hulu play thru there it works

cain
08-06-2008, 06:46 AM
In my 3.0ß2 testing last night - it seems much more steady (though it could just the connection was better, less buffering.)

I'll get more time this weekend to test (haven't yet completed a Dirt episode, but I expect it to work.)

Leslie Bee
08-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Post title edited by Admin on 8/5/208 – issue resolved with software update