PDA

View Full Version : Replay Video Capture error: Cannot Install Screen Capture Filter

guitarchick
01-18-2009, 09:07 AM
That is the error message I get whenever I try to capture something with Replay Video Capture. Somebody please help. I used the trial version and it worked brilliantly. Now that I actually purchased it, the thing no longer works.

Jeff Lenney
01-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Guitar Chick,

Easy to fix actually. Do me a favor and please UN-install your current version of Replay Video Capture. Afterward, Please download and install the new version and let me know if this fixes the issue..

http://www.applian.com/download_file.php?file=RVCSetup.exe

This version fixes the watermark and the "source filter" error.

Looking forward to your response, and the result.

WickedGirl
01-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I am receiving the same error message. I did install the latest Video Capture version. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and an Hauppage Win-TV HVR-1800. I have no trouble seeing the video using any other capture program, but if I try to use Replay Video Capture, I get the "unable to install screen capture filter" message.

Cheryl Wester
01-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Are you using a Media Center system? Are you trying to record from the TV card?

FBCroson
07-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Hi guitarchick,

I just tried the "easy fix" (uninstall and download) recommended below, and it worked fine. No "Cannot Install Screen Capture Filter" message after the re-download.

Good luck! :)

FBC

stripes
11-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I did a search and could not find the topic. I'm using v4 5-19-09 and OS is Vista. No problems using the program until this morning. When I press "record" I get the error message: "Cannot install Screen Capture Filter".

I haven't changed any settings or installed any new software and did a cold boot of my computer.....still get the same error message every time I try to use the program.

Anyone run into this problem?
Thanks

john339
11-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I just had this problem start yesterday.
I think maybe I will re-install the program and see if that fixes the trouble.

john339
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I removed and re-installed and the problem has gone away.

carlobee
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
that will probably do it.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

mikeak21
02-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Hello, I'm using the trial version of Replay Video Capture on Vista. It had been working fine until recently when I try to record I get the message "Cannot install screen capture filter." I am on Vista, but the program had worked for months prior to this error.

I tried to uninstall/re-install several times with no luck.

mikeak21
02-10-2010, 09:10 AM
and so I try it once more and now it works

go figure

Jeffd
03-20-2010, 09:25 AM
I am getting the same error message ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version and it makes no difference - still get the same error message.

Jeffd
03-20-2010, 09:28 AM
its definitely intermittent as it always worked from day one of purchase (used infrequently) then I uninstalled when I hit the error message and reinstalled latest version - worked ok a few times - now this afternoon its back to the same very annoying error message :-(

glennaa11
01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm encountering this error for the first time today. I used the program for several months with no problem, but didn't use it for a while until today and now I get this error. Is it possible to just re-install this component? Do I have to uninstall it first?

Jeff Lenney
01-28-2011, 07:27 PM
For those having this issue:

It's POSSIBLE that this could be related to direct x... but chances are that this will not be able to be resolved.... 9/10 times there is nothing we can do about this error unfortunately.

However, please make sure you have the latest version of DirectX that your video card will support and if that DOESN'T fix it, then there's really nothing else we can do and this is what Microsoft would call a "fatal error", unfortunately.

Let us know the results please, and thanks in advance for your patience.

drmikie
02-17-2011, 11:11 PM
same problem running vista and version 3.2 of video capture; it is very difficult to recommend this product - I have had problems with it since the first day purchased

iEric2010
03-29-2011, 09:03 PM
I recently purchased the Replay Video Capture software and successfully used it to create a marketing video on Windows 7. When I attempted to make a second video, however, I kept getting the error message "Cannot install screen capture filter." Is there a way to fix this? If not, can I get a refund? Thanks for your help!

pantaydaya
04-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Since about a month I am constantly getting this now as well. Before seeing this thread I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked ok...BUT after a few days its doing it again. I just updated Direct X and that didnt work. I don't fancy having to keep uninstalling and reinstalling every time I want to use it and of course a 2 Min's quick capture jobs turns out each time to a major drama. Please whatever you changed in the last update can you fix as it has ruined a fantastic piece of kit.

Cheryl Wester
04-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Make sure you are running the program under an administrative account. Have it allowed in your firewall. Thanks.

pantaydaya
05-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Make sure you are running the program under an administrative account. Have it allowed in your firewall. Thanks.

I have done that and its still broken. It was ok before the last update.This really is not good enough. Roll it back ..its useless like this :-(