PDA

View Full Version : RVC does't record anything on my PC screen

mrlopez8
01-18-2009, 07:02 AM
I bought Replay Video Capture and I can't record video playing from one of my DVRs on my home network. I did a test capture of starting up the DVR player software and recording at least 2 mins of video. When I watched the test video I was able to see the desktop, all mouse clicks, the menu of videos on my DVR and all the control keys like (play, pause, stop, etc.) but the actual video from the DVR was blank. So it recorded EVERYTHING except the actual video. I thought I would be able to record anything I could actually see on the PC's screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Mike:confused:

Jeff Lenney
01-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Mike,

That's quite strange. What format/file type does the dvr play back in? Is it via Windows Media Player by chance, or a proprietary player to the dvr?

Thanks

mrlopez8
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Mike,

That's quite strange. What format/file type does the dvr play back in? Is it via Windows Media Player by chance, or a proprietary player to the dvr?

Thanks

The video is played with a program written by Cyberlink for DirecTV. The program allows me to view the shows recorded on my DirecTV DVR. I have all the controls on the PC screen that I would use with the remote and it will allow me to view programs through my home network. The PC & the DVRs all need to be connected to a broadband network. As far as I know there is no interaction with the Internet except when the software is installed and the "Activation" process is initiated. I just couldn't believe my eyes when I used my WM Capture software to record a few minutes of video and when I played it back all I could see my desktop, the apps, and all mouse movement but no video. Just black where the video should be. I do hear the sound ok but I see no video.

Jeff Lenney
01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
That's quite strange, The "black video" phenomenon is caused by having "hardware acceleration" enabled on your PC. Here's how to disable hardware acceleration:

1. Right click on your Windows desktop.

2. Select Properties in the pop-up menu.

3. In the Display Property window click Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot.

4. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to NONE.

5. Click Apply.

6. Click OK in the message box displayed by the video card.

7. Click OK to exit

Give this a try, and let us know if you have any other questions.

mrlopez8
01-26-2009, 04:48 AM
That's quite strange, The "black video" phenomenon is caused by having "hardware acceleration" enabled on your PC. Here's how to disable hardware acceleration:

1. Right click on your Windows desktop.

2. Select Properties in the pop-up menu.

3. In the Display Property window click Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot.

4. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to NONE.

5. Click Apply.

6. Click OK in the message box displayed by the video card.

7. Click OK to exit

Give this a try, and let us know if you have any other questions.

When I Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to NONE my DVR Player software won't play video files. I tried all settings for Hardware Acceleration with no video in the screen captures. (Windows XP SP3)