PDA

View Full Version : Which Applian product best records from iPod to PC?

Sapius
01-18-2009, 02:00 AM
I could not find that specific question addressed anywhere on your site.

Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
01-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Sapius,

Are you looking to plug in friends ipods to your computer, and record their songs? Or are you looking for a product that can convert your own ipod songs/tracks into a different format, or something else?

If you're trying to convert ipod tracks, know that A m4p file is a protected m4a file. Replay Converter can not convert protected files. You will need to find a way to first convert it to a m4a file and then Replay Converter can convert it to mp3.

If your need is something else, please clarify for me as well.

Thank you. :)

Sapius
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi Jeff,

Strangely enough, I’m looking to record songs from my own iPod to my own computer, songs that I have recorded from my own other computer, which is in another country. I could use a memory stick, but since all is already on my iPod, why not from there…

The problem is, I cannot simply drag and drop it using iTunes, but I can from the music file folder on the iPod itself, but then I want to record only specific songs, and the song files on the iPod has random alphabetical file names assigned, so I don’t know which song it is unless I play it. Of course, it is a long exercise to go through all the songs, so I was looking for a program in which all my songs on the iPod open up in, other than iTunes that is, and from there I could simply drag and drop certain songs on the computer.

So I don’t really need to change the file format actually. Just looking for an easier way to do that. Do you provide an easier way out?

Thanks