PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: run a batch file script before and after recordings

dr3d
01-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I would like some ability to automatically run a batch file script before and after recordings, and before and after conversion.

1. Windows Zero-Configuration Wireless service interferes with satellite radio recordings and will sometimes re-connect leading to split streams. If I could run a command-line script before recordings, I could turn WZCSVC off .. then after recordings could turn it back on again.

2. Currently, all satellite-radio recordings converted to MP3 are given a track number of 1. Zune software, when using automatic playlists, is kinda stupid and thinks that any file in a folder with the same track number as another is a dupe and won't sync em. If I could simply run a command-line program after conversion, I could change track ID to month-day and this problem would be solved.

(A less-flexible alternative to #2 would be to expand the "Tags" configuration to allow setting of track # but allow me to enter a value like %d.)

I think in general an improved ability to "hook into" the recording pipeline process would be a useful feature. It would be helpful if the mechanism for specifying these programs could also be supplied arguments using the same symbol options (http://applian.com/replay-av/support/user_guide_800.php#file_names) used to name output files

Thanks!
-scott

Tasha Heinlein
01-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your feedback! I have moved this post to the "Request New Features" area.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.