PDA

View Full Version : Cannot capture quicktime .mov streams

PGP128
04-10-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm trying to capture some instructional videos that use the Apple quicktime plugin. This doesn't seem to work.

I tried using both Replay A/V and Media Catcher. In A/V, the URL to the video is displayed in URL finder but nothing is captured. When I copy that same URL to a new window in my browser, the video plays fine. So, I think the URL is working.

When I use the Media Catcher, it doesn't detect the video at all.

I even went as far as purchasing the quicktime 7 pro version. But still no luck. I'm able to capture Youtube videos without any problems.

I have to log into the website to access the videos, I'm not sure if that is causing a problem?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
04-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi

There are some Quicktime we are not able to capture while others work great. It depends on how they are streaming. Try this and see if it makes a difference.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. go to Tools-Internet Options
3. Go to Browsing History-delete
4. Delete Temporary Internet files

Now:

1. Open Replay Media Catcher
2. Select start recording
3. Select the URL you want to capture
4. It should record-if it doesn't please select F5 on your keyboard.

PGP128
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks Cheryl.

I tried your suggestions and that didn't work either.

So, I tried capturing a Youtube video with Replay Catcher and that didn't work either. It doesn't seem to be able to pick up the link somehow? Nothing is detected when I open any types of videos. Replay A/V works with Youtube on my PC for sure but Catcher doesn't seem to work?

Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
04-16-2008, 08:18 AM
If you are still having this problem go ahead and send in a tech support ticket. That way we can help you in greater detail. Thanks.