PDA

View Full Version : RMC Pooches Internet Connection

swatter
01-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this issue but it causes me no end of grief. Basically I will be using RMC and I'll have it running in the background when my Internet connection pooches. Well, not really my internet connection because RMC is still able to transfer streams, but Firefox, IE or Chrome will lockup and any other software I have that also uses the Internet will lock up. Most recently it was a program that accesses imdb.com to retreive movie information for my video collection. I have not been able to find any service running or any other issue that might cause this. Has anyone else had this issue? A solution would be helpful as I have to completely log off and then back on again just to regain my conx.

Cheers.

Tasha Heinlein
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
This is usually the result of another program clashing with Media Catcher. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
LiveMesh
CounterSpy
SpySweeper
ZoneAlarm
CA Anti-Spyware Utility
Comodo

If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Media Catcher is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

MoparMan
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Comodo is on that list? Odd.....I use Comodo Internet Security (free version) and I have yet to have an issue with that and any applian products.

Tasha Heinlein
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Comodo is on that list? Odd.....I use Comodo Internet Security (free version) and I have yet to have an issue with that and any applian products.

Comodo is a recent addition. In the past couple of weeks I have had two people saying their problems were solved by disabling Comodo.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.