PDA

View Full Version : ASF video files are only converting to audio...why?

TerryP
04-08-2008, 04:13 AM
When I use the capture software to get a video that is ASF format, and then try to convert it (after capturing it) to MP4 or WMV, only the sound converts and not the video?

Does any of the suite package software allow an ASF video file to be turned into a WMV video file?

I can only get the audio portion to convert.

petrogia
04-08-2008, 04:34 AM
When I use the capture software to get a video that is ASF format, and then try to convert it (after capturing it) to MP4 or WMV, only the sound converts and not the video?

Does any of the suite package software allow an ASF video file to be turned into a WMV video file?

I can only get the audio portion to convert.

Using Replay Converter program make sure you choose the Convert Video option and then select the format like WMV. Note they have different WMV formats in the list. I am guessing you didn't choose the Convert Video option if you were using Replay Converter there.

TerryP
04-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I was choosing the proper type of file to convert to, but still only the audio was converting.

I saw a fix someone else used for a similar problem and it's a weird fix but it seems to have worked.

Just change the name .asf to .wmv. That worked and the file played fine still. Then I was able to convert that to an MP4 as usual.