PDA

View Full Version : RM & Rhapsody...Update

DaddyMac
01-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Rhapsody had an update over the past weekend and I had downloaded that update for my laptop, which won't allow RM to work now. I did not do the update for my desktop, which does work. I tried my laptop with changed settings from audio driver to volume and that appears to work. Not sure of the sound quality but it works. Therefore, Applian needs to look into the new update from Rhapsody as this would appear to be the situational problem as I know I should be using the audio driver rather than the volume setting. Applian tech??
Thanks,
DaddyMac

Cheryl Wester
01-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Are you using the standalone or the web based version of Rhapsody? Also, what version of windows are you using for this?

DaddyMac
01-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Rhapsody is stand alone and I'm using Vista.

Pappadoc33
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
I am having the exact same problem since I downloaded Rhapsody tonight. It worked great with Napster (which I just canceled!). RM does work when I login to Rhapsody through their website, just not when I launch the program on my desktop. I don't get it. I tried switching the settings to volume from audio driver but that did not work. I am running Vista 64. Thanks!

MatthewC1000
01-20-2009, 09:50 AM
It is believed I'm 50/50 percent sure that, Rhapsody is giznaping registry data value which will check mark in Recording Control Microphone Level/Line in Level. which will may cause Replay Music not do detect audio streams.

Kind Regards.

Cheryl Wester
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
You need to use the audio driver. Also, use the web based version of Rhapsody. Make sure you are running the program as an administrator. Right mouse click the program name and select properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Select run as an administrator.

sunrise
02-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Just tried changing to administrator but having the same problem. THe music from Rhapsody plays but the timer on RM never increments. I am using Vista as well and RM 3 .. Help

MatthewC1000
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Just tried changing to administrator but having the same problem. THe music from Rhapsody plays but the timer on RM never increments. I am using Vista as well and RM 3 .. Help

Well, it turns out that Rhapsody is screwing around with the sound recording options in the registry...:D

I talk about it here. (https://forum.applian.com/showpost.php?p=5572&postcount=5)

Try these site using Replay Music:
http://www.imeem.com
http://www.last.fm
http://www.deezer.com

sorry for me for condoning getting it at no cost
but, there really is no choice...:D

sunrise
02-13-2009, 06:41 PM
so then there is no solution to get rhapsody to work with RM v3?

Red Dog
02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Rhapsody had an update over the past weekend and I had downloaded that update for my laptop, which won't allow RM to work now. I did not do the update for my desktop, which does work. I tried my laptop with changed settings from audio driver to volume and that appears to work. Not sure of the sound quality but it works. Therefore, Applian needs to look into the new update from Rhapsody as this would appear to be the situational problem as I know I should be using the audio driver rather than the volume setting. Applian tech??
Thanks,
DaddyMac

I got a new laptop and downloaded the lastest Rhapsody Software which does not work with Replay. The good news...I have an old copy of Rhapsody on other laptop which works fine with Replay. I will not update that copy of Rhapsody!

I suspect Rhapsody changed something in my registry to prevent Replay from working now! I believe that with my NEW laptop I can not get Replay to capture any streaming music from any source!

Replay techs: I hope you can find a fix for this problem soon.

:(

Cheryl Wester
03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Try and use the web based version of Rhapsody and not the standalone player-it works great.

Red Dog
03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Try and use the web based version of Rhapsody and not the standalone player-it works great.

Cheryl...

I tried that already and it doesn't work. Also I believe that this new version of Rhapsody once installed changes the registry so that Replay can't not record any streaming music on my laptop no matter what the source is!

I suggest to that you install the latest stand alone version of Rhapsody on your computer and then try to record any streaming music at all with Replay....and I bet it will not work!

Any more suggestions or fixes???

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support as more information is going to be needed to assist you. Thanks.

Nithall
03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
What I did was copy replay music into a seperate folder renamed to something else, Uninstall replay music, went to the folder made a shortcut.

started replay music then Rhapsody and it records. Only problem now is it does'nt recognize tracks.

hope this helps, James

Cheryl Wester
03-05-2009, 10:41 AM
At this point please contact us at tech support. We need to see your log file and have some additional information from you.

joe mamma
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
hi - i'm very frustrated. i just bought rm and was looking forward to using it with the rhapsody subscription i just got. it doesn't appear to work. i followed the directions and still nothing. has rhapsody one upped rm?? please assist!!

Cheryl Wester
03-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I use it all the time and it works great? Please contact tech support if you have this problem. Also, make sure you are using the web based version and not the standalone version of Rhapsody. Also, always start recording first and then go to what you want to capture.