PDA

View Full Version : Problem with BBC UK

jebear
01-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I purchased Replay Media Catcher to catch BBC UK video (from the iPlayer website), and it has worked well until this weekend when I tried to download a couple of longer video files. The download stops about 3/4 of the way through on the longer files. Some of the shorter files download fine.

This is a great program and I do appreciate the complexity of capturing content from the myriad of streaming technologies, but would like to know that I am not alone with this problem. And, if it is a known problem, is it likely to be fixed?

A pause download feature would also be a great addition.

I still love the program.

Many thanks.

Tasha Heinlein
01-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I purchased Replay Media Catcher to catch BBC UK video (from the iPlayer website), and it has worked well until this weekend when I tried to download a couple of longer video files. The download stops about 3/4 of the way through on the longer files. Some of the shorter files download fine.

This is a great program and I do appreciate the complexity of capturing content from the myriad of streaming technologies, but would like to know that I am not alone with this problem. And, if it is a known problem, is it likely to be fixed?

A pause download feature would also be a great addition.

I still love the program.

Many thanks.

I am unable to test the iplayer videos due to restrictions. If you are only having trouble with the longer files, make sure that "super download" is disabled. Click tools>>settings make sure that the top plug-in is highlighted and click plug-in options. Uncheck "super download".

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

jebear
01-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Tasha

Thank you very much for your advice. I've just downloaded a 1h 30m program, the one that I wanted, without any difficulty.

Perfect.

Many thanks and best wishes.

Tasha Heinlein
01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Tasha

Thank you very much for your advice. I've just downloaded a 1h 30m program, the one that I wanted, without any difficulty.

Perfect.

Many thanks and best wishes.

Glad I could be of help :)

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

FIONA SELWOOD
01-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Hi - Sorry I am new to this sight and could not find post New thread? - I
downloaded the trial version of Mediacatcher and cannot seem to download
any programme from BBC I Player, Record is on but all I get is a still picture.
Can somebody please help me with this as I want to buy the full programme
but if it can't do this I can't see the point.

Thanks Fiona