PDA

View Full Version : Video and Audio Out of Sync

huskerbuck
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
I am converting an flv file from hulu for "the office". If flv is unchecked then the file will not convert at all and seems stuck on 0 of 1 files converted. If flv is checked then the file will convert, but the video and audio are out of sync. Checking and unchecking is the suggested fix for this. For some smaller clips of TV shows from hulu, unchecking flv worked and the audio and video were sync'd fine. On this larger size file, that is not the case.

Somone please help

Thanks

petrogia
04-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I am converting an flv file from hulu for "the office". If flv is unchecked then the file will not convert at all and seems stuck on 0 of 1 files converted. If flv is checked then the file will convert, but the video and audio are out of sync. Checking and unchecking is the suggested fix for this. For some smaller clips of TV shows from hulu, unchecking flv worked and the audio and video were sync'd fine. On this larger size file, that is not the case.

Somone please help

Thanks

It's a known issue. Applian is working on this. Wait for an updated Replay Converter 3.

Cheryl Wester
04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Also, if you have not tried it with Replay Converter 3 give it a try. Thanks.

http://www.applian.com/files/RCSetup300.exe

huskerbuck
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I downloaded 3.0 beta version and still had same problem with out of sync audio and video. Does this occur with all larger files or only videos captured from hulu? Also, will I just have to wait now for another update to occur?

thanks for reply

petrogia
04-08-2008, 04:41 AM
I downloaded 3.0 beta version and still had same problem with out of sync audio and video. Does this occur with all larger files or only videos captured from hulu? Also, will I just have to wait now for another update to occur?

thanks for reply

We have to wait for a new update. I have had the same issues as you have had.

scihead
04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I've noticed similar problems with FLV's and have tried several options.
Here are my experiences and what works for me.
(I primarily play files on the computer (iTUNES/VLC), on iPOD, on ARCHOS, and on Netgear EVA8000)

My Findings (after trying several FLVs from several sources):

Capturing:
1.) I've had to set the timestamp setting to 17 in the Replay media catcher options to get the FLV video to match audio at least in FLV player.

2.) The resulting FLV file is not able to be opened in VLC player for some reason.

3.) I've not been able thus far to use Mediacoder or Super to convert these FLV files (video and audio way out of sync).

4.) Replay Media Converter 3 does work...but not perfect see next section

Converting (Replay Converter 3):
1.) The audio and video syncing is best when ipod or MPEG-4 is the resulting filetype (best ipod/mpeg4>AVI>WMV) but still not perfect so far(duration of video file is closest to original FLV in iPOD/Mpeg4 so audio/video match up better).

2.) FLV direct to DVD currently is abysmal. Only option is to convert to ipod/MPEG-4 first then convert this to DVD. This is less desireable as it leads to lower quality as it has an extra conversion step.

3.) If DVD option is chosen then you can actually get an ISO image file rather than a DVD using this trick....Don't put in a DVD, pick save Temp files, and close when application is ready to burn the DVD. Then go into the Replay Replay Converter folder in the Program files folder and retrieve the disk image file (ISO) file.

Wishlist for current limitations:
1) FIX FOR FLV TO DVD/ISO. The original FLV has the best quality and syncing. A direct way to convert this directly to DVD/ISO would be great as it would give best quality. I'm not sure if the problem has to do with variable bit rate or not. Some FLVs convert in sync better than others.

2.) A progress bar in Replay Converter...hard to tell if crashed or not. It would be great to tell when you were going to be done. Additionally it would be great to be able to choose for the program to shut down the computer when the list of tasks is complete.

3.) A way to pick a folder to save the ISO file (and Temp files) into rather than fishing them out of the Program file folder

4.) I usually like Handbrake for converting ISO into other formats (for my media players) as it encodes the audio into both AAC and AC3 when converting for apple TV or iPOD. More advanced features in Replay Converter for choosing resulting audio and video output would be great (ex. AAC and AC3 in one file, keeping original video size, etc).

5.) A TAGGING UTILITY OPTION THAT IMBEDS TAGS INTO FILE. (I presently use MediaMonkey)

Just my observations so far. I'm no expert...just a newbie.
Note: I have not tried to see if the FLV capture timestamp can be manipulated so that although the resulting FLV is out of sync, the converted file has a better sync. I've not gone that crazy yet!

Restating from above: FLV conversion is tricky..after it's into another format then it gets easier.

Keep up the good work! I'd love to see some of these fixes come along in future updates and beta.

bluebell
11-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Converting (Replay Converter 3):
1.) The audio and video syncing is best when ipod or MPEG-4 is the resulting filetype (best ipod/mpeg4>AVI>WMV) but still not perfect so far(duration of video file is closest to original FLV in iPOD/Mpeg4 so audio/video match up better).

So are you saying that there may be problems if you crop the clips??