PDA

View Full Version : Sirius - High Bandwidth Option

epete
12-31-2008, 09:37 AM
I subscribe to Sirius Internet Radio which provides High Bandwidth Aduio. How do I know that ReplayAV will record the High Bandwidth signal?

I think it may be doing it automatically as the properties on the asf files show 51 kbps which may be the high bandwidth rate for talk radio.

Cheryl Wester
12-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Your login info is what is allowing you to stream capture. If your login info is for a higher bandwidth I believe that is what it is going to capture for you. Thanks.

Maelstrom66
01-06-2009, 01:29 PM
I spoke with Sirius, and tech support confirmed that Howard's channels - 100 and 101 do NOT stream at 128K, while the music stations do.

I cancelled my upgrade to enhanced internet radio, as recording the Stern show is the only time I use their internet feature.

jgatie
01-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I spoke with Sirius, and tech support confirmed that Howard's channels - 100 and 101 do NOT stream at 128K, while the music stations do.

I cancelled my upgrade to enhanced internet radio, as recording the Stern show is the only time I use their internet feature.

The "tech support" person is full of it. The Howard Stern channels have full bitrate feeds, as much as the music channels and much greater than any other talk channels. Listen to the two feeds on A/B and you can hear the difference.

Cheryl Wester
01-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm able to capture most stations at the higher bitrate. The talk shows record at a different speed and I'm not able to capture these at a higher bitrate. I have talked to Sirius regarding this and they have confirmed.

jgatie
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm able to capture most stations at the higher bitrate. The talk shows record at a different speed and I'm not able to capture these at a higher bitrate. I have talked to Sirius regarding this and they have confirmed.

Most talk shows are low, on both the sats and internet. Stern's is high bitrate. He insisted on this because he is very particular about his sound.

epete
02-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Most talk shows are low, on both the sats and internet. Stern's is high bitrate. He insisted on this because he is very particular about his sound.

Agreed, Stern is High Bandwidth over the air but I believe it is reduceb bandwidth on the internet. Although when paying for the higher Bandwidth, it is still higher than the rate that you get with the low bandwidth option.

I think there would be streaming problems if they used 128K with the volume of listeners that connect.