PDA

View Full Version : 2 QUESTIONS on Replay A/V

RikkiMae
12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Maybe this is a stupid question but I wasn't having any luck searching for it in the forums. I'm using the Replay AV 8.52C. Can I record more than one show at a time? I tried this but when I tried to listen to one of them while I was recording, I got no audio and I'm not sure if it was my computer or something else.

Also, I know that my computer needs to be on in order to record scheduled recordings and the av needs to be open (or in the taskbar) but will it stop recording when my screen saver comes on?

I work graveyards and I sleep while some of my shows are recording and I need to be sure they will continue to record if the screensaver comes on. I am using windows vista if that helps. Thank you.

Tom Mayes
12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi RikkiMae,

Replay AV allows you to record multiple streams simultaneously if you are using the Capture by Downloading recording method. This the preferred recording method as the file data itself is being captured. This provides exact replication of the stream itself, does all the recording in the background and allows for multiple, simultaneous recordings. Not all streams are able to be recorded using this method though. If not, one would use the Capture by Recording Audio Output recording method.

When recording using the Capture by Downloading method, and you wish to listen to the audio stream, then click on the station / show being recorded and click Tune to Station. The nice thing about using the Capture by Downloading method is that it frees up your sound card to play an audio stream, whether it is the same station being recorded or any other audio stream.

The screen saver should not stop the recording from taking place.

If you have further general and technical inquiries, please use our Support System here: http://www.applian.com/support.php

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Jeff Lenney
12-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Transferring ticket to the Replay AV Que.