PDA

View Full Version : Magic Jack call eliminates stream

Kuzushi
12-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I use Magic Jack as my primary telephone. It is connected to my computer through a USB port, and is used to send and receive calls over the internet. You may have seen their commercials. The problem is that while I am recording a streamed radio show like Money Talk, and I make or receive a call through Magic Jack the radio show that is streaming is stopped. I loose the entire show, and my telephone conversation is recorded by Replay AV. That conversation replaces the entire stream up to that point.

I guess it would not be so bad if the show stops, but I hate to loose the entire broadcast. Is there anything I can do? Magic Jack is getting more popular and I am sure others will have this problem. Thanks in advance.

By the way, you people are doing a good job with this program. I am glad to see you have this forum. Thanks again.

Cheryl Wester
12-28-2008, 11:49 PM
This is not an issue I have had or heard of before. Perhpas one of the forum members has some more insight to this. Are you doing an audio capture when this happens or a stream capture? With an audio capture the program is going to download what it hears but it shouldn't affect a stream capture.

Kuzushi
12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.

I request a normal recording and then a conversion to MP3. Don't you have to request an audio capture? I ask for the program to keep the original recording. After we get a Magic Jack call there is an error message that says something like Replay AV has shut down or is not performing correctly...I don’t recall the exact words.

The effect is that I loose the entire show that should be three hours long even though the call occurs about 2 hrs 50 min. into the stream. I end up with only a recording of the home side of the phone call. The person's voice on the other side of the line is not heard.

Sorry, but I do not know how Magic Jack works. You know way more than I about any of this.

floydj
12-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I have a similar problem with MagicJack - I think my problem (though not yet proved) is that the wireless phone connected to my MagicJack uses the same radio band as my wireless internet connection. That may not be the case.

Floyd

Kuzushi
12-30-2008, 03:03 PM
I have a similar problem with MagicJack - I think my problem (though not yet proved) is that the wireless phone connected to my MagicJack uses the same radio band as my wireless internet connection. That may not be the case.

Floyd

I have a wireless phone, but not wireless internet. I have a standard DSL line.

Calla
03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone

I have a problem which would appear to be opposite. I would like to record some of my business calls on my magic jack but when i click on record audio and the little box with the line comes up there is no sound coming through it like when recording a radio station. But i can hear the sound of the caller coming through the laptop speakers. What do i have to do to get it to record the conversation?

Cheryl Wester
03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
The program is not going to work to record a conversation like a Skype phone call. You might want to experiment with it and use the Replay aV Audio Driver and see if that works, however, I don't think it will.