PDA

View Full Version : mp3 tag 'please add'

timhatz
12-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Please add the Genre tag to the other 3 tags available, in the recording properties.

I would like to specify 'Podcast' for my zune recordings, so they can have 'resume' bookmarking capabilities similar to the IPOD m4b format.

Thanks, Tim

Cheryl Wester
12-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Podcasts seem to need to have there own tagging. I will pass this on however.

timhatz
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Podcasts seem to need to have there own tagging. I will pass this on however.

What did you mean by saying they have their own tagging?

I know, that when I want to have a mp3 file, be resumable all I have to do is change the genre tag to Podcast, and the sync software, will move the mp3 file into the podcast area on the zune, and then I have all the special features of a podcast.

Thanks again, for following up on this.

Tim

Cheryl Wester
12-28-2008, 11:47 PM
A podcast is assigned its own file name. If you were to change it when downloading the program would not know that you have already downloaded the file and it would download the same file again as it would not see the name of the file you have already downloaded. Each podcast has a unique name that is assigned to it is all I meant.

timhatz
12-29-2008, 09:08 PM
A podcast is assigned its own file name. If you were to change it when downloading the program would not know that you have already downloaded the file and it would download the same file again as it would not see the name of the file you have already downloaded. Each podcast has a unique name that is assigned to it is all I meant.

I now see what you mean. And you are right, I was not thinking about a podcast per se. I was thinking about recording a radioshow, and when it's done recording, set the mp3 genre tag to Podcast, when the file is converted and saved.

Thanks, Tim

timhatz
01-31-2009, 10:53 PM
If it is, I can write my own script, to handle this event, I was just hopeing it could be integrated into the program.

Thanks, Tim