PDA

View Full Version : Solution to split Sirius recordings

dr3d
12-26-2008, 10:46 AM
I'd previously complained about Replay A/V breaking Sirius programs into segments. The problem I have finally figured out is with Microsoft's Zero Configuration Service for Wireless. You just have to turn that thing off. For whatever reason it will re-establish a wireless connection at random times and this will lead to breaks in any Replay recording underway.

You can turn off WZC via the Services menu or what I do is use a commandline and type:

> net stop wzcsvc

...when i know i'll be recording.
And then

> net start wzcsvc

turns it back on (which you may need to connect to another wireless network)

Cheryl Wester
12-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Thank you for this additional information. It might help some people that are having this issue.

jamesumr
12-06-2009, 09:37 AM
I tried this and had no luck. My recording stalled again after just one minute of record time.

Cheryl Wester
12-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Sometimes when capturing live streams, there are gaps in the transmission -- this is why the splits occurred.
1) Try increasing the Stream Capture Time Out setting. This is located under Replay A/V's Main Settings, under the Tuning tab.

Shpenny
01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
From what I've read, this solution only applies to Windows XP and I'm running Vista. I'm still having this same issue without a clue as to why it happens. I had a few recordings during the week of 12/14/09 through 12/17/09 that were perfect with no splits. I started my recorder up again on 12/27/09 and guess what?...right, back to mega splits. I've tried to record this week and the smallest number of segments has been 16 in a six hour recording. This is ridiculous. And still nothing has been changed or altered on my home computer.

I've tried all the suggested solutions: adjusting the Stream Capture Time Out settings, deleting my shows-rebooting-and scheduling them again and unistalling Replay AV-rebooting-and installing it again. The same thing happens each time. Again, I never had an issue prior to November 2, 2009.
I've seen other people bring this issue up, but no one seems to have a clue as to why it's occurring.

Has anybody had any success correcting this issue?

Jake

carlobee
01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Oh. I see. thanks for that information.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_videoStreaming.jpg

Shpenny
01-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? My recordings are being split (on average) 6-8 times per hour of recording.

I just can't seem to figure it out.

Jake