PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled recordings not working?

paulwesterman
12-22-2008, 05:21 AM
Hello, I'm probably doing something wrong and I'm sure you good people can help.

I've upgraded to Replay AV 8.52 and I have set up several recordings on my work PC. It goes through a proxy but I've set up the IP and port OK. It doesn't ask for a username/password, strangely. Anyway, if I click one of my scheduled recordings and select 'Tune to Station' the tuner window appears beneath Replay and I can hear the audio.

However if I set the same recording to start in say a couple of minutes, it fails. The tuner window doesn't open and after a few seconds Replay gives up. The log states 'Status 35810196: Connection to host replay-video.com failed.'

Any thoughts on why this is? Why is me clicking 'Tune to Station' a different process to a scheduled recording?

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
12-22-2008, 05:02 PM
We really need more information from you. If you are using stream capture you might have the wrong URL as it is often different than the one you are listening to. Often if you delete a show and add the show again the issue will be corrected. If you continue to have a problem contact tech support as you will need to give us additional information.

paulwesterman
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks. I am using Stream Capture, but if I had the wrong URL, why would it work when I click 'Tune to Station'?

I deleted/re-added the recording; no effect. After experimenting with all the options, I've found that switching to 'Capture by Recording Audio Output' works.

I find it odd that one works and the other doesn't, but at least I'm able to use it now. Thanks for your help
Paul

Cheryl Wester
12-23-2008, 11:09 AM
We did have some problems with our database earlier today so I'm not sure if that is the issue or not. You do need to make sure you are using the correct URL. Often the URL that you listen to and the URL that is streaming are different. If you continue to have a problem let us know in tech support and we can help you. Thanks.