PDA

View Full Version : Splitting FLAC files

quiricada
01-22-2019, 07:04 AM
I've been recording FLAC files using Replay Music. Anybody have an idea or know what App to use for splitting FLAC files without re-encoding? I tried Replay Media Splitter, it doesn't support FLAC files.

Cheryl Wester
01-23-2019, 10:50 PM
I don't know of a program that does that. Others might.

quiricada
01-25-2019, 07:57 PM
I'm just wondering why Replay Music gives you the capability to join FLAC files but don't give you the option to split. Maybe they can add it in the next version.

Cheryl Wester
01-25-2019, 11:16 PM
It is not always easy to split files-the developers do work on improving our programs all the time, however, so you never know.

quiricada
01-30-2019, 12:21 AM
Is the Replay Music FLAC recording format, standard or a proprietary format? When I open a FLAC file recorded in replay Music, in Audacity App, the waveform are like square wave and sounds garbled. But when I convert a WAV file to FLAC file using Audacity, the converted FLAC file loads like a wav file, sounds great and can be edited or spliced. Maybe the app developer can tell me if I need a special driver to load and open the Replay Music recorded FLAC file so I can split it to multiple segments.

I'm in the process of converting all my music to the lossless FLAC format. I'm just wondering if should continue to use FLAC. I tried converting one of the recorded FLAC files to WAV, the result is garbled music. So, once I converted my music to FLAC using Replay Music, I cannot convert them to any other format.

Cheryl Wester
01-30-2019, 03:05 PM
I personally use WAV as I find it works great. It is a lossless. Thanks.