PDA

View Full Version : Flash problem when recording from BBC site

AnnonyMouse
08-15-2018, 04:39 AM
I am trying to record a short video from the BBC children's site. I am having to use Replay Media Catcher's DVR as the clip in question is Flash so am unable to stream as I can when the clip is on BBC's iPlayer.

Problem: I can play, both see and hear, the clip when played in Chrome but Media Catcher appears unable to capture the video giving me only the audio.

Replay Media Catcher: 7.0.1.17
Browser: Chrome
Clip: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/watch/bp-radzis-guide-to-the-edinburgh-festival-fringe

I suspect the problem is something blindingly obvious and trivial that I've missed and would welcome suggestions as to how to get a satisfactory recording of this clip.

Note I have been using RMC for some years, primarily to capture streams from BBC iPlayer, but have only limited experience of using RMC's DVR capabilities.

Thank you,

Mike M

Cheryl Wester
08-15-2018, 12:28 PM
In the settings of our program under the DVR tab make sure that hardware acceleration is turned off. Then give it a try.

AnnonyMouse
08-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Hardware Acceleration is off. Apologies, I should have mentioned this in my original post.

MM

Cheryl Wester
08-16-2018, 09:30 PM
At this point please do submit a ticket with details so we can see what is going on.

AnnonyMouse
08-17-2018, 06:47 AM
At this point please do submit a ticket with details so we can see what is going on.
Will do so shortly, however the bit of the clip I actually needed is just 1min 58 secs long so I was able to cheekily use the trial version of Replay Video Capture. :-))

Currently I only have Replay Media Catcher it now looks as if I will be adding Replay Video Capture to my tools. I used to use Camtasia for screen captures but the version I have (Camtasia 6) is ten years old and has significant failings.

Thank you,

MikeM in London.

Cheryl Wester
08-18-2018, 07:52 PM
Good. We offer both programs as all streams are different and often when one program doesn't work the other one does the job.