PDA

View Full Version : Cool use of Replay A/V Application

jarredduq
12-19-2008, 10:57 PM
I recently installed PC into my Car: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/127259-carpc-install-2008-5-mazda-3-5-door-gt.html

Why does this have anything to do with Replay A/V. I use it to record a talk show called "Armstrong and Getty" which starts at 6:00 am and ends at 10:00am in Sacramento, CA on 650KSTE.

I record Armstrong and Getty on my home computer using Replay A/V. I have it set to save the recorded web streams in 30-minute increments.

When I start my commute at 7:00am, the show starts transferring to my CarPC from my home PC via the Free software program Microsoft Live Sync. It takes about 10 minutes per 30-minute incremented file (about 13mb) to transfer over the Verizon EVDO.

So I can start listening to the show at 7:10, skipping commercials, etc. By the time the first file is complete, the second one is already downloaded.

The only pain in the butt factor is that media player softwre does not automatically add the newly downloaded files. So as the files download, I have to go into the software and add them to the playlist.

When I go to lunch the remaining files download, and I can listen to the rest of the show on my way home from work.

Cheryl Wester
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you for sharing this unique way of using Replay AV. We do appreciate it.