PDA

View Full Version : keeps switching to proxy even though I deselected it in options

Sam Sport
01-05-2017, 07:59 PM
I have turned off "Use IE proxy settings" but every time I start rmc 6 it switches to using a proxy server, which then throws off most actions on the browser after that. How do I tell it to quit doing this so I don't have to go into settings every time? Thank you

Cheryl Wester
01-06-2017, 09:31 PM
In the settings turn off use ie Proxy settings in the personalization tab.

endyr
01-07-2017, 02:39 AM
If you have Windows 10, you might want to try this, as it worked for me when I had the same problem that you have.

1, Go to the "Control Panel"
2. Click on "Internet Options"
3. Click on the "Connections Tab"
4. Go to "LAN Settings"
5. De-select the "Proxy Server" check box
6. Click on "OK"

That should do it. Good Luck.

Aloha from Hawaii,

-Endyr :)

Sam Sport
01-14-2017, 10:27 AM
I know how to turn off proxy server but I am trying to avoid having to go in and do it every time I use RMC.
Regarding the reply "In the settings turn off use ie Proxy settings in the personalization tab." as I said in my initial post I already did that. Is there a next step? Thank you

endyr
01-19-2017, 06:18 PM
I know how to turn off proxy server but I am trying to avoid having to go in and do it every time I use RMC.
Regarding the reply "In the settings turn off use ie Proxy settings in the personalization tab." as I said in my initial post I already did that. Is there a next step? Thank you

There seems to be a misunderstanding of terms. The fix that I suggested in my earlier post had NOTHING to do with the "Personalization" tab that is located within the Replay Media Catcher program. I referred to the CONTROL PANEL, that is part of the Windows operating system. There is also a switch there that needs to be deselected to avoid the problem that you have described. Read my original post again for instructions on how to do exactly that.

Sam Sport
01-21-2017, 09:10 PM
I did go in Lan settings and made sure that Proxy box was unchecked. However every time I open up RMC that box gets checked again. I can turn it off in several places. Another is to go to start menu and type pr which brings up a separate option to turn of proxy. But it will come back on again every time I restart rmc. I would send a screen shot but I don't understand how. It only allows a jpg from a url rather than a file location? The question is how to avoid having to go control panel, iexplorer settings or start panel to turn off proxy when starting rmc. Thank you.