PDA

View Full Version : Not working after upgrade !!

cookiebob
09-26-2016, 03:57 AM
I've just upgraded to Catcher 6 (6.0.1.44).

After rebooting I tried downloading BBC Radio bu pasting a link and using Stream Downloader. This failed instantly. I switched to Audio Recorder and although the FLV file downloaded, when it started to convert to MP3 I got a windows error - ffmpeg.exe has stopped working. Can somebody help please.

Cheryl Wester
09-26-2016, 11:10 AM
What version of Windows are you using? Also, for BBC try and use the URL box and not AUTO.

cookiebob
09-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Hi I am using Windows Vista Business SP1

I did explain that my preferred method for BBC iplayer is to paste the URL. It didn't work. I have triued again and it still doesn't work this way. As soon RMC tries to download the file /i get the ffmpeg error.

Schwarzteeextrakt
09-27-2016, 12:42 PM
FFmpeg is the encoder to convert the file to mp3, so I guess you should be able to download the file and convert it afterwards using another converter.
If you share the BBC link with me, I'll try to get it working for you ;)

Edit: About the not working Stream Downloader, please make sure to allow RMC6 (especially jrmcp.exe, jbp.exe,dl.exe and ffmpeg.exe) in your firewall.

Cheryl Wester
09-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Also, this version of ffmpeg does not seem to be working with Vista. You are able to download an older version from ffmpeg.com and that should work for you. You can also download the older version of our program and copy and paste that ffmpeg.exe into the latest version.

cookiebob
09-29-2016, 02:10 AM
Thanks everyone

I couldn't download an earlier copy of the programe. The only download I could find was the latest one.

In the end I did a system restore that put the old version back. It does mean however that future updates are not possible for me - shame.

Cheryl Wester
09-30-2016, 06:44 PM
A suggestion is to make a copy of the ffmpeg that is in the version you have. Now, upgrade to the latest version. Copy the ffmpeg.exe file into the program. It will ask you if you want to replace it. Say yes. Just keep the ffmpeg.exe in the event there are other updates.