PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen On Playback w/Background Mode enabled: Aero Desktop, sudden onset

PeteCress
07-14-2016, 03:07 PM
RVC has been working a-ok on my PC for years.

Suddenly, I have been getting black screens on the recorded files when Background Mode is enabled.

Disable Background Mode and all is well. Re-enable it and the problem recurs.

Only thing I can think of is that I added a new video card - but the problem also occurs when I record on the monitor connected to the mobo's video like I always did.

Has anybody been here?

Cheryl Wester
07-14-2016, 07:18 PM
What browser are you using?

robieism101
10-21-2016, 09:12 AM
I'm here right now and if I disable background I still have the problem. Real bad situation.
Window 10 with Edge
Help

Cheryl Wester
10-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Edge will not work with background mode due to the hardware acceleration it has. The same with IE on Windows 10. You will want to use Chrome and disable the hardware acceleration on that for background mode. Thanks.

robieism101
10-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks Ceryl, will try tomorrow.

robieism101
10-22-2016, 06:23 AM
Thanks Ceryl, will try tomorrow.

Hi
Loaded Chrome, made it my default, still have win10, now I don't even get cbs news on my RVC. Yes reloaded RVC. Using Background record also and little box under it says Enabled.
Pls help
Spending too muce tome trying to copy what I can but uses to.
Thanks
Robie
Disabled Google Hardware accelerater.
Have Hide/show and Browser buttons showing on RVC window. Don't have these showing on PC that works fine.

Cheryl Wester
10-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Not getting CBS would not have to do with our program. I just tested it with my Chrome and was able to pull up the news without an issue. A suggestion would be to clean out your browser cache. Also, Chrome doesn't need to be your default in order to use it for background mode.

reddwarf4ever
12-06-2016, 03:42 AM
I had the black screen issue in BG mode, I used the wrong location for the browser
I am sure this worked, may need to adapt if you chose a different install location

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.ex

Think I selected properties on the chrome.exe and selected startin without the ""

Then it worked good luck