PDA

View Full Version : Every New Tab Records .MP3

zombfan
10-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Every new tab I open on Chrome Replay records as a .mp3. I checked my settings and audio recorder is turned off. It still records the streams I want, but the .mp3 keep appearing and it is overloading my list (and a pain to delete).

Every source begins with: https://clients4.google.com/chrome-sync/command/?client=Google+Chrome&client_id=BsfIdX6JuqBI2etoKbAijA==

Any ideas?

crs
12-01-2015, 07:40 AM
They are chrome updates being downloaded that have a content-type that is also used by other sites that play mp3 files.
Switch on the adblocker in Settings > Internet Downloads > Advanced > Adblocker. Ensure clients4.google.com is in the list.

Alternatively you can remove the content-type - play with removing mp3 content-types from the Settings > Internet Downloads > Advanced > HTTP content-types to download list.

hth

russws
12-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Thank you, I had a similar problem with mysterious atom 4 and Google Cast being constantly recorded. Turned out to be the Google Mail extension, how weird is that. Added mail.google.com to the blocker and problem solved.

Cheryl Wester
12-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Great. Thanks for sharing your solution. It is appreciated. Keep on sharing as that is what the forum is for.