PDA

View Full Version : Which format to use for burning video to dvd

midwyf
07-29-2015, 02:33 PM
I am using the Replay Media Capture Suite for Mac. The Media Catcher works well for recording streaming videos.
Now I want to put those videos on a DVD to watch on a DVD player attached to a high-def television.
Replay Converter for Mac has a variety of choices for output format but I do not know which one would be suitable for a DVD player.
The choice is not obvious to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cheryl Wester
07-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Each DVD player is different so it would depend on it. I will say that the majority work great with MPEG. Give that a try and let us know.

midwyf
07-30-2015, 05:04 AM
I do not see MPEG in the list of output formats on the Mac product.
There is a long list of devices with no indication of what actual format is associated with each device.
The user guide should have had this information since it was not listed on-screen.
There is no "DVD player" option listed. What do I choose?
I know that the Windows version has a DVD-NTSC option, I am surprised that the Mac product does not have that option.

midwyf
07-31-2015, 08:39 AM
I am beginning to wonder if anyone has an answer to my question. It has been more than 27 hours without any comment here.
I also submitted this same question to tech support ( ticket # 131 ) and have not had any response from them for more than 2 days.
I am about to give up and ask for a refund.

Cheryl Wester
07-31-2015, 02:18 PM
With the recent launch tech support for Mac is swamped. I'm sure they will get back to you shortly. I don't do tech support for the Mac products so I don't want to give you the wrong information. Thanks.