PDA

View Full Version : Settings for capturing Sirius

jeffj19
12-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Any suggestions on sound settings for capturing a Sirius stream with Replay A/V? I capture a 6 hour talk show and send the file to iTunes to be uploaded on an iPod. I recently switched to a stream capture rather than output from my computer speakers and notice a decrease in sound quality. When playing the iPod in the car and with the earphones I now have to turn the volume way up to get any sound. I am receiving lots of distortion in the car when plugged into an Aux cable. I did not experience this before. Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
12-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Try and convert the file to a higher bitrate and see if that corrects the issue. I'm not sure if that will do the trick for you or not. When you record originally it is recording from the native stream. This is not something I have been able to duplicate. Thanks.

jeffj19
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Try and convert the file to a higher bitrate and see if that corrects the issue. I'm not sure if that will do the trick for you or not. When you record originally it is recording from the native stream. This is not something I have been able to duplicate. Thanks.

I was using Audio MP3 (128 kbps). Is that not the highest? Since this is a talk show (Howard Stern) and I upload to iTunes...what about M4B iPod Audiobook @ 128kbps? Or, do you have other suggestions?

Also, what has changed from recording from the speaker output? Why the change to stream? Just curious...I had been doing it that way for awhile and all of a sudden I started having problems. I did run into the interruption from Sirius every 1.5 hours asking if I was still listening. It only cut out for about 2-3 minutes and then it logged me back into the channel. That part was a pain but sound quality was still good.