PDA

View Full Version : Remote cam doesn't get recorded, but just sound

Frank85
11-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I use the most recent version of the Telecorder and Skype. It seems that Telecorder became unable to record the remote webcam in about 70% of all calls somehow. It just records sound.

I am not sure what the reason is, as it was working very good for quite a long time.

Are there any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank.

Cheryl Wester
11-27-2014, 11:40 AM
The program has not been updated to use the latest version of Skype. Please use an older version. When you install it make sure that our program is closed and not open or in the taskbar. Set our program to
start when windows starts and when Skype starts. If you continue to have an issue please contact tech support.

Frank85
11-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
Which Skype version do you suggest?
and where to get it?

Cheryl Wester
11-28-2014, 10:54 PM
I googled old versions of Skype. I use 6.20.0.104 without an issue. Thanks.

Beckler
02-20-2015, 07:12 AM
I can confirm the same issue on Win 7, Skype 7. So will Telecorder be updated soon to work with Skype 7? Because it's effectively broken and we can't be switching between skype versions, since we want its latest features. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
02-20-2015, 08:31 PM
at this time I don't know if/when Replay Telecorder will be updated. We are aware of the issue since Skype changed. Thanks.

Beckler
03-05-2015, 06:47 PM
at this time I don't know if/when Replay Telecorder will be updated. We are aware of the issue since Skype changed. Thanks.

While I appreciate the response, who else knows if a patch will be released other than the company? I see the last update was in 2013. The page for this product still mentions recording video but if that feature is broken, then how is that acceptable? And I did downgrade my Skype version but now it says 'Skype can't connect' which from what I read, is because I don't have the latest Skype version.