PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music 7 Track Numbering Problem

marccunn
10-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Hello:

I just upgraded Replay music from v6 to v7.

I cannot understand the naming convention.

The first track is always numbered "0".

Why?

How can I chage the numbering to start at "1" like it should?

I do need to show any information other than the track number.

I tried using just {trackno} but that still shows "0" as the first track number and it still shows an incorrect album and incorrect artist.

I tried using {trackno} - {artist} - {album} but that still shows "0" as the first track number and it still shows an incorrect album and incorrect artist.

Even if I wipe out all the commands, that still shows "0" as the first track number and it still shows an incorrect album and incorrect artist.

It seems that nothing changes the way Repaly 7 names tracks.

I have had to revert to Replay 6, since Replay 7 seems too stubborn.

The so-called Replay 7 User Guide is absolutely useless on this subject.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

marccunn

Scubasa1
10-05-2014, 03:18 AM
I have found this too. RM 6.10 used to do everything automatically, number tracks.
I have changed the {} parts to setup how it names tracks, but like you nothing changes the format.
I just want my MP3's to have a track name and the number track puts them into the same order as the album, but like you they all say 0. It is named with the artist too which I don't want as my MP3's go into a folder of the album and that is within an artist folder.
I could set this up easily on RM6.10 in the Start Recording session part, which would create my folder within the artist folder if that makes sense.

I do find the tagging and setting it up a bit confusing. 6.10 was much simpler to use.
I too have reverted back to 6.10.
Applian should have kept what works and just added some new features,which I understand they have done but they have changed things too taking away what did work before.
See my thread in the forum.
Cheers
Steve

Cheryl Wester
10-05-2014, 10:55 AM
In testing I am getting the numbers. If the album info is not tagged then it does not have anything to go by. While it is recording it says "0". When it is tagged then the number shows up. Thanks.

Scubasa1
10-23-2014, 12:04 PM
A lot of the time with RM7 you just have to wait for trackes to be tagged now, this is good so that things are tagged once the song has completely recorded.

Scubasa1
11-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Jeff's Reply is included here!

HI Jeff,
When recording the T# all seem to label as 0, is there any way this can be 1,2,3,4 etc...?
I have to edit it manually after each recording session?
The first 3 tracks I have edited and the next 3 tracks will show you what I mean.
Track 6 is recording, but 4 and 5 show the 0 in T#
I have seen a few other users mentioning this.
RM 6.10 used to label them automatically.

Steve,
T# will be 0 if:
a) the ROVI song database lookup gave no results, or
b) the ROVI song database had a result, but that result had no track info

During a recording, RM6 would just call everything TrackN, which gives very little feedback on what exactly was recorded. RM7 on the other had gives an informed initial name when no tagging information is found. RM7 is able to grab the application's info on what track is currently being played. So, in the case of content from Spotify, Spotify will often present {artist} - {title} data which RM7 grabs as the temporary title. For web browser-based players, such as Jango, RM7 will grab the browser's titlebar as an initial guess of what is being played. Consequentially, content recorded from Jango will initially have a name like "{artist}: {title} - Jango" and people wonder why "Jango" is part of the recording name. "Jango" would only be present if the ROVI tagging was unsuccessful, but at least you know what was being recorded. So, a positive tagging will give the expected naming from Settings; no tagging will leave the "best guess" name.

Where have other users been mentioning problems? I am so busy that I don't view the forums. Perhaps you can be my advocate and post the above explanation.

Jeff
Tier 2 Technical Support, UX Manager
Applian Technologies, Inc.

October 31, 2014 13:39

Cheryl Wester
11-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Thank you for sharing this. I'm sure it will help other users and it is appreciated.

borobutch
02-08-2015, 12:45 PM
In v6 it was possible to number tracks with 2 digits ie. 01, 02, 03. instead of 1, 2, 3. Is there a way to this in v7?

Cheryl Wester
02-08-2015, 05:42 PM
I'm afraid the program does not have the ability to number with 2 digits. Thanks.

Scubasa1
02-16-2015, 03:57 AM
Why can't a user have this option Cheryl if RM6 did? Some users would like this option?
Why take things away if they worked for some users?

Cheryl Wester
02-16-2015, 07:21 PM
The two programs were made by two different developers. Suggestions are kept and passed on to the developer. Thanks.

AndrewW
05-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Well...
As a request to whoever didn't quite get this right.
The # has a sequential number, but T# is 0
The track gets tagged with Title correctly, but T# stays as 0
Is there a reason for this?
And if after a track is tagged and it has found some info like Title correctly but T# is still zero (happens a lot of the time), why can it not just set it to be the same as #
Has to be better than leaving it a 0 IMHO.
It can't be that hard to do for the programmer.
It is surely just a simple conditional instruction, in whatever language this is being developed.
OR is there a simple instruction in settings to force this to happen?

Seemples... Apparently NOT!

Cheryl Wester
05-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Normally when a tag is a zero it means that the song did not tag correctly or that it doesn't have the information regarding the album and what song number it is. You are able to edit the
song by right mouse clicking it and selecting to edit.

Scubasa1
05-10-2015, 01:53 AM
Are we any further with this yet?
Hoping in the next update that you will be able to set a slider to over ride the 0,0,0,0 track tagging and it number them as they are recorded as 1,2,3,4 etc... like a manual mode.

I'm also testing Beta version with Jeff and found a few bugs, the latest being that when I edit the tracks manually, it places a (1) at the end of the named track, Jeff is looking with the developer to fixing this bug.

Have been using V7 for some time but still miss some of what V6 used to do. Am using V6 more again I have to admit at this time until bugs are ironed out, tracks tagged or numbered better.

Cheers
Steve

Cheryl Wester
05-10-2015, 05:05 PM
At this time nothing new to report. We are always working on our latest versions and testing prior to releasing. Thanks.

schmeic
05-20-2016, 02:09 PM
I agree that it's very useful to have version 6 style track labelling for unknown tracks. If the first two tracks recorded are tagged, and then the third cannot be tagged, I would like it to be labelled "Track 3", which was the default in version 6. Can this at least be an option?