PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music Version 7

Scubasa1
10-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi all,
Who else is finding the tagging a little bit confusing in Replay Music 7?
Please reply to this thread.
I find the track numbering on 0 annoying, the inability to just have the track name as an option without the artist like in RM6 without having to manually edit the track no's and delete the artist before the -

for example

Kate Bush - Running up that hill.
I just want my MP3 to say Running up that hill, my folder has the artist name.

I feel at the moment I am going to have to do more manual editing than in RM 6.0
Cheers Steve :rolleyes:

Scubasa1
10-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi again,
I am using RM 6.10 at the mo.
So here is my procedure for 6.10
I have an MP3 Folder.
I click settings and find the artist folder within my MP3 folder using browse, to tell RM which artist I want to create my album folder under.
I then click the start which takes me to the Start Record Session.
I fill in the Artist and Album Info so that this is in the info (Always Tagged with artist name and album name above) but
doesn't actually change the MP3 name.
Directory Format \%a
The auto tagging then adds the tracks and puts them in order in RM 6.10.
In the file name format I have %T which just names the file with a track name.
Therefore I have a folder with the artist, a folder gets created within the artist folder and then the MP3's record within the album folder with just the track name. Perfect!!
I want to do this with version 7 as I would like to use the most up to date version as I have since version RM3.
Once you are able to do this could I have a set of instructions on how to set up my RM 7.
Cheryl said that the track feature %T is not available yet.
I have been a customer with Applian a long time, I have all your products and update them and upgrade too.
I contribute to the forums, so I'd appreciate some help with setting up RM 7 once it has had the appropriate updates, as I find this tagging has lots of options with { } and it is rather confusing.
Many thanks for your time and help.
Steve
For now I'll stick with 6.10 even though I have bought the upgrade (RM7), I can't get on with it.
Cheers

Cheryl Wester
10-03-2014, 06:38 PM
http://applian.com/replay-music/support/user_guide700#naming_rules
Change “When files are tagged, apply the following naming rule” to just {title}. You could even do:
{artist}\{album}\{title}
This will create the directory structure you are interested in. Do let us know how it goes.
Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
10-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh-the track feature is available. Do check it out at the link above.

Scubasa1
10-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi Cheryl,
That doesn't work. Do I need to leave the Output file blank for it to create a folder of the artist or whtever preference I want. Album etc.. in the apply following naming rule.
{}\{}
I am using 6'10 and this is doing exactly what I wanted.
I will contact with you through Tech support.
Thanks for asking someone to look into this.
Your customer support is second to none.
Cheers Steve

Cheryl Wester
10-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Not a problem, Steve. When you do get a response please do share it here for others.

johnnythepie
10-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi All
Must say that i quite like RM7, although I still find some of the tagging problems as discussed which require manual editing.On the whole, RM7 tags correctly but I still need to check every track one by one.So here is my problem.In RM6, the first track recorded is at the top of the list, where in RM7, it is the last.Is there anyway of reversing this so that the list in RM7 reads the same top to bottom as what you have recorded? (There is no recorded track order number).And is there a way for the recodings to be put into a dated folder as per RM6?

thanks

Cheryl Wester
10-08-2014, 09:37 PM
We have been writing down suggestions that people have. We are giving them to the developer so perhaps in a future update. What you have mentioned is being requested. Thanks.

10-14-2014, 05:35 AM
I quite liked the "pause" we received in RM6 before tracks were imported into iTunes...we were asked if we wanted to. This was important because if a track was not tagged properly you could correct it before it was sent to iTunes. Do we have that option in RM7? The only option I see is under, "Settings", "Personalization" and making sure "Import Into iTunes" is selected. Recorded tracks are immediately put into iTunes as they are recorded causing us to correct the incorrect tags twice. Or, sholud I let them go into iTunes and only correct it there? Will it change the file name if I do that? Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
10-14-2014, 05:56 AM
I have the automatically send to iTunes turned off due to all the testing I do. Then if I do want a song to go to iTunes I select it and use the icon from the top right and select to send to iTunes. You can also right mouse click a song and do the same. This way you have exactly what you want.

10-15-2014, 05:02 AM
Thanks Cheryl, I'll give that a go.

Jeff Lenney
10-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Thanks Cheryl, I'll give that a go.

Let us know how it goes Steve! :)

Scubasa1
10-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Hi Jeff,
As in my Tech requests, all seems to be working fine now in Version 7.0.0.30, but I would still like the ability to name tracks how I wish like in 6.10.
In 6.10 we had the ability to name the MP3 with the %T etc... If we wanted it to have the artists name in front of the name of the track e.g. %A-%T then we could choose that option. I like the MP3's to just have the track name as the other data is already tagged.
Many thanks for this.
Please if you would like this feature, request it by replying to my thread so that Jeff and the developer can see that it is useful.
Many thanks everyone.
Steve

jackgerber
10-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I just upgraded to Version 7 which is far better than 6 but I had two questions. First, is there any way of minimizing the program without getting the small control panel to show up? That is a terrific nuisance. Second, is there any way to set it to record for a set number of minutes as I did with Version 6? Help appreciated.

Cheryl Wester
10-27-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the small control panel. There is not a method to record for a specific amount of time in this version. Thanks.