PDA

View Full Version : Replay Media Catcher 5.01.54 All files are named player-html.flv

gene308
09-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Fresh install of Version 5 and not very happy. Regardless of the html title every files gets named player-html.flv. This is using both Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7. Any clue about why this rather than the popup windows name. I can not use the flv fix tool either in, nor can I play from the media catcher windows since I get a unknow file error.

For now its back to using version 4.

Jeff Lenney
09-21-2014, 10:02 PM
If you don't mind, can you share a few URL's you're having this issue with recording - so we can attempt to duplicate the issue on this end and make recommendations?

Thanks!

gene308
09-22-2014, 04:24 PM
The site I am having trouble with is myfreecams.com. The issue is definitely in the "Enable URL Path Naming" option. Using trial and error I figured out if I disabled only that option the auto naming works as expected.

Another issue I found is the start/stop button. If you stop a recording it only pauses current recordings and will not auto-convert until you also right-click and stop the active recording.

Jeff Lenney
09-22-2014, 11:14 PM
The site I am having trouble with is myfreecams.com. The issue is definitely in the "Enable URL Path Naming" option. Using trial and error I figured out if I disabled only that option the auto naming works as expected.

Another issue I found is the start/stop button. If you stop a recording it only pauses current recordings and will not auto-convert until you also right-click and stop the active recording.

Keep in mind, sites like MFC constantly update to make it hard/difficult to record/capture their streams. We do a good job at keeping up with them and present all POSSIBLE (and legal) options we can within our software suite :)

ecthilien
08-30-2015, 06:00 AM
Sure we get that MFC is updating their tactics, but RMC 4 has no problems with naming.
I guess it's odd to me that RMC 5 and 6 seems inferior to 4.