PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Identical Recordings

Justus
04-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I am using replay media capture ver. 2.10.00.00 under Vista Ultimate 64. Upon recording FLV, 2 sometimes 3 recordings of the same FLV begin to capture and record. Which mean I have to delete the extra files each time I want to record something. This is a new symptom, the program use to work without any issues under Vista 64.

Please help

Thanks

petrogia
04-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I am using replay media capture ver. 2.10.00.00 under Vista Ultimate 64. Upon recording FLV, 2 sometimes 3 recordings of the same FLV begin to capture and record. Which mean I have to delete the extra files each time I want to record something. This is a new symptom, the program use to work without any issues under Vista 64.

Please help

Thanks

The version you have is 2.10d of Replay Media Catcher. On one site when I recorded the video I got 2 files made by Replay Media Catcher and they had 480k, 700k in the file names. One had name700k, and the other file was name480k and in .flv format. Did you look at the file size for each file recorded for you? They should be different in size. The bigger the file size the better the quality I believe. Right click the file and choose properties and you will see the size.

Debbie McCormick
04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi,

Duplicate files from YouTube are occurring because of a new "signature" parameter implemented by YouTube. To Replay Media Catcher that parameter makes it look like two separate media files.

We are looking into the problem and should have it resolved in the next update.

petrogia
04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi,

Duplicate files from YouTube are occurring because of a new "signature" parameter implemented by YouTube. To Replay Media Catcher that parameter makes it look like two separate media files.

We are looking into the problem and should have it resolved in the next update.

It also occurs when using hulu.com. Duplicate files.

Susi
04-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I just downloaded a file from Hulu and I got 3 copies of the same file. 2 of them are larger files the third one is smaller. When I was recording the show and watching bits of it as it was recording, the picture and sound would drop out as the buffer was filling. It did record fine. I am using XP just for information. I guess having several copies is better than one as I can delete the duplicates.

I sure am glad we have these forums as I at least know what to expect when I am experimenting. Keep on passing along the sites, I am finding new stuff from this forum everyday. Susi

Cheryl Wester
05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
If you have not updated to our latest version give it a try. We have corrected the multiple copies in this. Just install it over what you already have and it will enter your activation code for you.