PDA

View Full Version : Using Replay with a Proxy?

Scubasa1
07-10-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi Cheryl,
We have Replay Music 6.0 at my school as I am a teacher. We use a proxy server and a school firewall (RM SafetyNet plus)

When we start it we get “Replay Music: This registration module needs to be able to access the internet. If you just granted firewall access, please
try again. Click YES to try again or NO to cancel and go into demo mode”

This still happens with the firewall on the computer turned off.
I have checked the proxy settings within Replay Music and they are correct
We can unblock individual urls within our firewall software but we can’t turn it off for the whole school.
Which url(s) is Replay Music trying to access during registration? If we could unblock those then hopefully we can get it to work properly.

Thanks - Steve

Cheryl Wester
07-10-2014, 07:08 PM
See if you have the same issue with 6.10 for me. Just uninstall and reboot prior to installing. https://secure.applian.com/registration/rarn5.php

That is what it looks for so give it a try.

requiem2es
08-11-2014, 01:23 AM
Hi, i have the same problem as well with version 6.10. I tried to configure the proxy and is not working.

Cheryl Wester
08-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Do check with your IT Department to make sure you have the right settings for your proxy and try it again. If you continue to have an issue you will need to contact tech support.

requiem2es
08-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Hi, i think the problem is actually on Replay Music side. I tried capturing with Wireshark the connections done by Replay Music in which basically you can see that, from my computer, Replay Music is trying to contact directly IP addresses of Applian servers. Which means that Replay Music is not using the proxy information in the configuration.

For Replay Music to use the proxy configuration, Replay Music should send the TCP requests to the proxy server instead of directly trying to connect to the Applian servers. Then, the proxy server from my company will check the HTTP header and resend the request to the Applian servers.

I will contact the Technical Support from Replay Music through your website.

Thanks for the support.

Scubasa1
08-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Hi I agree,
I have asked the technician at work who says that it must be Replay Music end, he has put in all the correct Proxy settings?
Thanks Steve

Cheryl Wester
08-23-2014, 01:49 PM
We have stopped developing this version of Replay Music and do have another version in the works. It is not ready for the public as of yet but we did have some testing with a proxy and it is working for them without an issue. School Internet can have a lot of security to go through and that could be the issue.