PDA

View Full Version : Replay Radio will now split at intervals

Cheryl Wester
04-23-2014, 07:08 PM
You have asked and the developer has delivered. Please do try the latest version. It now has splitting of recordings for those of you that want this great feature.

eric6161
05-26-2014, 05:09 AM
Replay AV8 would split into individual songs. How do I do this with Replay radio 9?

Cheryl Wester
05-27-2014, 05:54 AM
What you are asking about was only certain for certain file types. Streams have changed a lot since that time and the idea program to use for individual songs is Replay Music. Replay Radio will split but you need to enter time frames as to when you want it to split.

ALibertarian
11-20-2014, 03:42 PM
You have asked and the developer has delivered. Please do try the latest version. It now has splitting of recordings for those of you that want this great feature.

This is a great feature, and why I finally bought version 9. It's been working great but - not quite - as expected.

I record radio talk shows and convert to MP3, then listen from a USB stick.

When the recording segment starts - say at 3:07 PM, the FLV that is being recorded is "MYSHOW_1120_1507.FLV". The segment ends at 3:21 PM so the system starts a new file "MYSHOW_1120_1521.FLV".

Then the conversion begins. I see the MP3 gets created as "MYSHOW_1120_1507.MP3" but, when the conversion ends, the file is renamed to "MYSHOW_1120_1521.MP3" - indicating the time that the segment ended, not the time that it began.

I know, I know, I'm picking at nits but you guys are so good... :o

An enhancement that would be great in the "tagging" and file naming would be just a counter. So I could set the Title Tag to "MYSHOW_{#}" and the files would be named "MYSHOW_1", "MYSHOW_2", etc. ## would be used for a 2 digit counter with leading zeroes.

Also, the Album tag doesn't work with variable. If I set the Album tag to "MYSHOW_{M}{D}", the MP3 ends up with exactly that for the album tag.

Thanks for the great product.

Cheryl Wester
11-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the input. The developers do read this so perhaps in a future update.

Jeff Lenney
11-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Indeed - thanks for the feedback! :-)

ALibertarian
12-09-2014, 07:20 PM
New thing I noticed. After changing the "tagging" setup for a show, you have to close the program and restart it before the changes take affect.

ALibertarian
12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Sorry, just figured out that last one. The MP3 file naming is NOT related to the tagging. It's in the MP3 export/conversion setup.