PDA

View Full Version : recording stops when stopping monotoring

steff2
04-02-2014, 10:19 AM
RMC 5

When recording a RTMP stream, the recording will stop when I press "stop monitoring for downloads".
With RMC4 just the monitoring stops and the recording continues.

Is this a setting some where or a bug?

Jeff Lenney
04-03-2014, 11:29 PM
It should not be doing this - Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?

stefan0n
09-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Any update on this? I too experiment the same as steff2 user from the first release of RMC5, tryed also to contact by email and forum time ago, but no solution on this.
Can you do something to get it work as it was in RMC4? thanks.

Cheryl Wester
09-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Please do provide a link so it can be tested.

Jeff Lenney
09-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Any update on this? I too experiment the same as steff2 user from the first release of RMC5, tryed also to contact by email and forum time ago, but no solution on this.
Can you do something to get it work as it was in RMC4? thanks.

The original poster did not provide us with a link to test, if you can - we'd be happy to do so!

stefan0n
09-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I've sent you a message with infos. thank you.

Jeff Lenney
09-09-2014, 08:13 PM
I've sent you a message with infos. thank you.

Both sites you sent me work fine with RMC :-)

If you don't mind, submit a ticket please via www.applian.com/support.php so the RMC team can analyze your ticket and help you with this specific issue

Thanks!

stefan0n
09-10-2014, 12:22 PM
They works for me in the sense I can record from them. The problem is, as described from the other user, that if I stop monitoring, also recording of the started ones stops. In your test instead you're able to stop monitoring (so no new recordings are added) but still continue to record the already started links? If so I'll submit again a ticket.
Thank you.

Jeff Lenney
09-10-2014, 09:49 PM
They works for me in the sense I can record from them. The problem is, as described from the other user, that if I stop monitoring, also recording of the started ones stops. In your test instead you're able to stop monitoring (so no new recordings are added) but still continue to record the already started links? If so I'll submit again a ticket.
Thank you.

Ah sorry - my bad :-)

With those particular sites you can ONLY do one video/recording at a time - sorry there is no work around that i'm aware of yet. If you just record one at a time you'll be fine (assuming i understand correctly you're trying to record more than one)

stefan0n
09-14-2014, 09:37 AM
Ah sorry - my bad :-)

With those particular sites you can ONLY do one video/recording at a time - sorry there is no work around that i'm aware of yet. If you just record one at a time you'll be fine (assuming i understand correctly you're trying to record more than one)

Hi again

it's not true you can record more than one at a time. What you can't do is, as the first user too wrote:

When recording a RTMP stream, the recording will stop when I press "stop monitoring for downloads".
With RMC4 just the monitoring stops and the recording continues.

so in version 4 while recording if you press "stop monitoring" the recoding videos continue to record while new streams are not added (if you open more browser links), in RMC5 the "start monitoring for downloads" button when changed to "stop" instead of stoppping MONITORING FOR DOWNLOADS stops recordings!! I've already tryed to explain to support this long time ago, but without a solution.
Why a perfectly functioning feature of v.4 isn't anymore so in v.5?
As the button it's described as 'stop MONITORING for downloads' I think this is an unsolved bug of your software.

CanadaRoxx
09-17-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Version 4 had in the FILE menu - Process New Streams

Version 5 seems to have lost this capability.

Without the ability to turn off "Process New Streams", if you're actively recording, RMC will then start recording every stream that starts. We have lost the ability to say - Continue recording this stream but ignore all new ones.

Jeff Lenney
09-17-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm having the same problem.

Version 4 had in the FILE menu - Process New Streams

Version 5 seems to have lost this capability.

Without the ability to turn off "Process New Streams", if you're actively recording, RMC will then start recording every stream that starts. We have lost the ability to say - Continue recording this stream but ignore all new ones.

Hmm, can you do me a favor please and submit a ticket to support for this? They'll be able to help you more thoroughly for this specific issue! :)

CanadaRoxx
09-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Submitted.

Jeff Lenney
09-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Submitted.

Thanks - let us know how it goes! :-D

CanadaRoxx
09-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Problem solved.

The problem was a PBKAC issue. (Problem Between Keyboard And Chair)

Here's the response I got:

Replay Media Catcher 5 does have this feature. When Replay Media Catcher is on, select from the menu internet, and you can uncheck the "process new streams".

Sure enough, there it was.

I normally have Library selected instead of Internet. That's why I was not seeing it.

Duh!

Jeff Lenney
09-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Problem solved.

The problem was a PBKAC issue. (Problem Between Keyboard And Chair)

Here's the response I got:

Replay Media Catcher 5 does have this feature. When Replay Media Catcher is on, select from the menu internet, and you can uncheck the "process new streams".

Sure enough, there it was.

I normally have Library selected instead of Internet. That's why I was not seeing it.

Duh!

Hah haven't heard that one in a while, AKA Error Code ID-10-T :-D

Glad you got it solved :)

stefan0n
10-16-2014, 02:24 PM
doh!!!! ...but was so well hidden really!! solved, me too! :)

Jeff Lenney
10-16-2014, 11:05 PM
doh!!!! ...but was so well hidden really!! solved, me too! :)

Ah great, so you resolved your issue as well then - great to hear! :)

CanadaRoxx
05-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Ok, how do I do this with RMC 6?