PDA

View Full Version : None working "Restart download" in RMC 5?

bulfen
03-11-2014, 12:17 PM
How come that it's possible to restart a download (F5) in RMC5 but it works just fine in RMC4?
All I get is that the stream have expired or something translated into english.

Also on RMC4 you can restart the download. It's showing that it's downloading but when it's done the filesize is 1kB. Protected stream?

Jeff Lenney
03-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Hi Bulfen

I'm not sure unfortunately - the programs were each created by different programers - and I'm not one of them. :)

It's possible that the technology simply changed as streams get tougher to download...

bulfen
03-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Hey Jeff,

Thx for the reply. Alot of problems with RMC5 compared to RMC4 so I decided to only use RMC4. As I wrote in the orther post earlier I had problems with RMC losing connection to the stream and stopped. Not happening in RMC4. Only in RMC5.
In the end RMC4 is a much better and solid program. Newer software isn't allways better.

Jeff Lenney
03-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Hey Jeff,

Thx for the reply. Alot of problems with RMC5 compared to RMC4 so I decided to only use RMC4. As I wrote in the orther post earlier I had problems with RMC losing connection to the stream and stopped. Not happening in RMC4. Only in RMC5.
In the end RMC4 is a much better and solid program. Newer software isn't allways better.

RMC4 was no longer working with youtube and a few other popular sites due to major updates. We felt it was easier and more practical to completely re-design the program and make it better (which we feel we did) as opposed to simply updating the version 4 .

bulfen
03-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Well, let's hope for a new RMC5 wtih better working naming and restart recoding features then. :D