PDA

View Full Version : RR9 segment long recordings

01-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi, In RAV8 we used to be able to segment long recordings...RAV8 would automatically split a 4 hr captured stream into 4 1-hour MP3s....can we still do this? Thanks. Steve

ravuser
01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
in rr9 it seems that a show can be split into shorter segments only by scheduling each segment as a separate recording.

the splitting feature in rav was a lot more convenient.

gwill1010
01-24-2014, 02:48 PM
This really sucks. Nice to pay for an upgrade to get less features.

Cheryl Wester
01-24-2014, 10:35 PM
It is a replacement program and not an upgrade. Technology has changed tremendously over the years and what AV used to be able to do the program can no
longer do. As an example it can't capture YouTube due to changes in technology. Our new program was developed with modern technology taken into account. It
captures what most programs are not able to and you are able to schedule recordings. The developer is not the same developer as for the other program. We are
keeping a list of features that people want to submit to the developer. Perhaps in a future update. Thanks.

ALibertarian
01-26-2014, 11:17 AM
It is a replacement program and not an upgrade. Technology has changed tremendously over the years and what AV used to be able to do the program can no longer do. As an example it can't capture YouTube due to changes in technology. Our new program was developed with modern technology taken into account. It
captures what most programs are not able to and you are able to schedule recordings. The developer is not the same developer as for the other program. We are
keeping a list of features that people want to submit to the developer. Perhaps in a future update. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl,

The reason I tried, and then uninstalled, RR9 was the lack of segmentation/splitting. I used Applian for recording my favorite talk shows (several) for years - but didn't continue.

Recording a 4 hour radio show as a single MP3 is not practical, setting up four 1 hour recordings is a pain but, with 8.x I could set up the splitting so each segment started as the show came out of a commercial break. It was great.

For me to do the same thing with RR9, I would have to set up 20 - TWENTY!! - recordings for the same show.

Now I am using a free service DAR to record 2 of my shows - I have to log in an manually download.

And I'm paying $6.95 / month to subscribe to another show.

There are a couple of other shows I'd like to get but it just isn't worth the effort.

I hope you figure out a way to put segmentation back in (even if you just split the MP3 ever XX minutes). Scheduling the breaks would be better..

I think there are probably more like me out there.

Al Spaulding
Acworth, GA