PDA

View Full Version : Can I do other tasks while recording with Replay Music?

MusicDirector
12-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm wondering if I can do other tasks on the same computer while I am recording with Replay Music? For instance: Can I open up another browser and do research on the internet, do email. Can I run off-line database and other programs while recording? Will doing so mess up the recording? (I'm not talking about doing anything that has sound of course like you tube or other stuff).

MusicDirector
12-11-2013, 04:35 PM
I guess the answer is "no". So I'll continue to use it on that basis as I have been. Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
The answer is actually that it depends on your system. I often do research on the Internet while recording music. When I do this I usually turn off tagging. Then
when I'm finished with a recording I right mouse click and select to tag. I do this because tagging uses more resources and in some cases can cause a song to skip
This is dependent on your computer. I do this with my laptop but not with my desktop (more powerful) as an example.

dwaynnyt
01-14-2014, 12:06 PM
By the way, just out of curiousity, can you post your PC specs real quick? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif

Cheryl Wester
01-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Each system is different so it really doesn't matter as it is also as to what is running in the background and what programs are running. There is a lot that goes into it. I do have 8GB of RAM, however.

Nullgrad
02-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Call me a show off but I have 2 versions of Replay Music running so I can record one thing using audio driver and record another thing with the win audio driver - but I have to make sure the volume is down on the one recording using audio driver (you can guess which music website that is....)and listen to that recording later on, I admit I am a bit of a music junkie though :-). I do have the odd issue with missed tagging though and the odd song not recording properly but nothing that cannot be rectified later.

Cheryl Wester
02-08-2014, 11:59 AM
That is something I haven't tried-to do two at a time with Replay Music. Enjoy.

Nullgrad
02-08-2014, 02:04 PM
It doesn't always work as I have just found out..... :(

Nullgrad
02-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Just figured it out - you must open replay music in audio driver mode first and record with the volume down on the website you are recording from, then open the second instance of replay music and when prompted with an error message switch it to windows
audio driver then you can record from another streaming music website and listen to that one as you record it. I am getting my daily fix of music :-).

In case you are not sure which website I record from silently it begins with an S ?

Nullgrad
03-14-2014, 12:25 PM
I should add that I have 2 soundcards on my PC......